Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series.

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
What is the cost of the GR-series for Kubota's riding mowers? I'm thinking about buying a diesel riding mower and is Kubota's riding mowers good or not?

Thanks, John

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series.
What is the cost of the GR-series for Kubota's riding mowers? I'm thinking about buying a diesel riding mower and is Kubota's riding mowers good or not?

Thanks, John

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #3  
Hmmm, Kubota lawn tractors..... I always have something to say about that topic.
Worse money I ever spent. You can search for my previous posts, but to sum it up: lousy ride and lousy cut.

I just got my G2160 back from the dealer where they put hi-lift blades on it and readjusted the deck and I thought it helped some, but it still looks like I am trying to stripe my lawn or cut it at two different heights. Apparently the deck design just doesn't suck up the grass that the front tires push down, and I was overlapping my cut last time by 1-1/2'! That'll add "seat time", but I'm one who would rather get the job done quickly and move onto other things.
They also tightened the adjustable seat down to make it non-adjustable and that got rid of the shaking around due to the loose framework and an admitted poor design by Kubota. My model is two years old and this may have changed.
The idiot light to let you know when you are low on diesel is only visible if you mow your lawn at night or overcast (rainy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) days, but this is minor. Still, it's stupid.
The deck had two or three recalls in the first year, so I would make sure your dealer covers trucking if it needs to go in for warranty work. The place where I bought my mower didn't.
The engine really vibrates and runs rough at anything less than 1/4 throttle, but it DOES run strong and the tractor doesn't seem to bog down no matter what I'm cutting. That's a plus, but other 21 hp lawn tractors may do the same.

My yard adjoins the neighbors on either side, one with a JD and one CC riding mower and their yards look better than mine after we are done mowing.

Oh, and as far as the GR, when I had mine in for its 100 hour and getting the new blades..... there was one sitting there that the owner had just brought back. I was told he left with one like mine (newer model) because he kept getting stuck with the GR. I can only assume he expected more from the 4WD model and figured it wasn't worth it.

I do not see me owning my G2160 after this season and really only bought it because I figured since their tractors were so good, so must be their riding lawn mowers/lawn tractors.

Take my post for what it's worth, but once the novelty wore off I realized I had made a mistake.

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #4  
Hmmm, Kubota lawn tractors..... I always have something to say about that topic.
Worse money I ever spent. You can search for my previous posts, but to sum it up: lousy ride and lousy cut.

I just got my G2160 back from the dealer where they put hi-lift blades on it and readjusted the deck and I thought it helped some, but it still looks like I am trying to stripe my lawn or cut it at two different heights. Apparently the deck design just doesn't suck up the grass that the front tires push down, and I was overlapping my cut last time by 1-1/2'! That'll add "seat time", but I'm one who would rather get the job done quickly and move onto other things.
They also tightened the adjustable seat down to make it non-adjustable and that got rid of the shaking around due to the loose framework and an admitted poor design by Kubota. My model is two years old and this may have changed.
The idiot light to let you know when you are low on diesel is only visible if you mow your lawn at night or overcast (rainy /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) days, but this is minor. Still, it's stupid.
The deck had two or three recalls in the first year, so I would make sure your dealer covers trucking if it needs to go in for warranty work. The place where I bought my mower didn't.
The engine really vibrates and runs rough at anything less than 1/4 throttle, but it DOES run strong and the tractor doesn't seem to bog down no matter what I'm cutting. That's a plus, but other 21 hp lawn tractors may do the same.

My yard adjoins the neighbors on either side, one with a JD and one CC riding mower and their yards look better than mine after we are done mowing.

Oh, and as far as the GR, when I had mine in for its 100 hour and getting the new blades..... there was one sitting there that the owner had just brought back. I was told he left with one like mine (newer model) because he kept getting stuck with the GR. I can only assume he expected more from the 4WD model and figured it wasn't worth it.

I do not see me owning my G2160 after this season and really only bought it because I figured since their tractors were so good, so must be their riding lawn mowers/lawn tractors.

Take my post for what it's worth, but once the novelty wore off I realized I had made a mistake.

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #5  
Hi,
Here is my honest opinion of the gr series. I had been very interested in the kubota line of mowers. After finally realizing that the bx series was more of a machine that I needed, I focused on the gr model.I was interested in the deisel model and had an opportunity to test drive one. It ran smoothly and turned on a dime. But, The machine was un comfortable for me to operate. I seat was too high and the foot control pedal was not something that I would want to oprate for an extended time. It was not comfortable. The machine is built very well, and the motor is proven.But with the price nearing $8000,coupled with the limited number of dealers,I re-thought the situtation.I visited the john deere dealer and bought a gt 325. The mower is more than what I expected.It cuts well,and has excellent traction and is a simple design.Plus it cost about $3000 less. I believe this mower will last me a long time, and I have numerous dealers and parts availibilty. I hope this helps

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #6  
Hi,
Here is my honest opinion of the gr series. I had been very interested in the kubota line of mowers. After finally realizing that the bx series was more of a machine that I needed, I focused on the gr model.I was interested in the deisel model and had an opportunity to test drive one. It ran smoothly and turned on a dime. But, The machine was un comfortable for me to operate. I seat was too high and the foot control pedal was not something that I would want to oprate for an extended time. It was not comfortable. The machine is built very well, and the motor is proven.But with the price nearing $8000,coupled with the limited number of dealers,I re-thought the situtation.I visited the john deere dealer and bought a gt 325. The mower is more than what I expected.It cuts well,and has excellent traction and is a simple design.Plus it cost about $3000 less. I believe this mower will last me a long time, and I have numerous dealers and parts availibilty. I hope this helps

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #7  
I think Kubota make good reliable tractors (BX series are great), so because of this I had a test drive on a couple of their ride on mowers. Well for the reasons that hillman gave, I too decided that I was not that impressed with Kubota mowers.
I also considered the JD GT235 as mentioned earlier, to me it seemed a great machine that is well made, much more comfortable to ride and gave a good cut. I ended up getting a JD X495 as it is more suitable to my requirements.

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #8  
I think Kubota make good reliable tractors (BX series are great), so because of this I had a test drive on a couple of their ride on mowers. Well for the reasons that hillman gave, I too decided that I was not that impressed with Kubota mowers.
I also considered the JD GT235 as mentioned earlier, to me it seemed a great machine that is well made, much more comfortable to ride and gave a good cut. I ended up getting a JD X495 as it is more suitable to my requirements.

/ Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #9  
not sure about the GR's but this is how the BX 1830 cuts

Attachments

• 893623-turf.JPG
    893623-turf.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 242
   / Kubota Riding Mowers, GR-Series. #10  
not sure about the GR's but this is how the BX 1830 cuts