First Impression - Cub Cadet SLT 1550

/ First Impression - Cub Cadet SLT 1550
Good news I think guys! First, the dealer was nice enough to look at my mower today! I dropped it off yesterday. So remember how I thought it was running slow?...the engine speed? Well, the first thing the tech said was that he thought it was running way too slow. He said he noticed that right away. So I was right about that then...the engine really is running too slow. So the guy's opinion is that once he bumps up the engine speed I'll get all the power to the tranny I need and thus have good pulling power :) I'll let you know. Hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow. I was kinda bummed out thinking I was going to have to leave my new mower out there for 2 weeks. I might have it back in as little as 3 days total. Cool. Let's hope that's all it is.

/ First Impression - Cub Cadet SLT 1550 #22  
Great news! Sounds like you found yourself a good dealer.

I'll be curious to see if fixing the throttle speed fixes the lack of power. I know that hydros are very dependent on RPMs.

Good luck!

My luck went bad. They weren't able to look at it yesterday or today (yet) and so I'm not likely to get it back today. Hopefully tomorrow.

I'll post and let you know if the engine speed being slow was the problem.

I was able to pick up my mower last night. BIG difference in engine speed. Seeing how fast the engine runs now, I'm sure that was the problem...but I'll know for sure later today when I get out to mow (assuming it's not raining or I have other things to do).

One tiny complaint about the service. You know those nice keys with the large plastic piece around the key that makes it easier to handle and turn the ignition? You only get one of those with a new mower. I took the mower over with that in the ignition. What I got back was one of those crappy all metal/small keys :( I didn't realize it until I got home. Oh well. No biggie.

/ First Impression - Cub Cadet SLT 1550 #25  
The SLT1550 is my second Cub. I have a few peeves myself.

Runs great but, a real pain to use the oil drain valve. After it gets gummy
very difficult to use. I had to remove the plug this time, 3rd oil change, to loosen the fitting.

My older Koehler 12.5 hp lawn tractor (Cub 1320) has a nice drain tube.

Is there a part available to get back to "normal"? :confused: