Bad Boy Mowers

/ Bad Boy Mowers #1  

firstcut

What's the scoop, I demoed a Pup 6000 today, very solid looking machine, at least in the parking lot.

Any feedback on these ZTR's ? www.badboymowers.com

/ Bad Boy Mowers #2  
The name alone would put me off.
Imagine being somewhere out in public calling the dealer for a filter, "what brand was it?" Bad Boy. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. What brand was that?" BAD BOY!
Um, no thanks.

/ Bad Boy Mowers
I hear you on that one!

Beyond that though, the way the unit swings open panelsto access all maintenance points is ingenius, Ive never seen anything designed thatway.

The 1/4 inch steel deck looks indestructible also. It looks like an extremely well-thouht out machine.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #4  
I've bought over 100k of zero turn radius mowers over the last 12 years. I did look at the Bad Boy series of mowers once. I'd rank them about mid pack as compared to others. There are better mowers with larger dealer networks for lower prices.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #5  
Dargo said:
There are better mowers with larger dealer networks for lower prices.

I will agree there are other brands with more dealers out there, but I've looked at C.Cadet Tanks, Simplicity Citations, Dixon Ram's, Gravelys, Country Clippers, Toro's, Exmarks, Husqvarnas, and Bad Boys, and in my price range ($5K max), the Bad Boy ZT 6000 is at the top of my wish list right now.
The Bad Boy seems to be much more H.D. compared to other brands in $5K range. 60" fabbed 3/16" deck, 26hp Briggs ELS. ZT series

I plan on purchasing in the near future, which mower would you suggest in the $5k range that would be a better value than this?

Thanks,

Carl

/ Bad Boy Mowers #6  
I'm not a ZTR owner or expert by any means, but some thoughts as I looked into this company:

They have been around since 1998, and have a bit of a global market, so they probably are not going anywhere unless MTD buys them out LOL!

A filter would not be a problem as they look to use the same engine and hydro drive lines everyone else does.

If you have a local dealer who is supporting and servicing the machines, a dealer network would not be necessary unless you move or that dealer went out of business. Parts look to be available direct from the manufacturer.

As for the model you are considering, have you researched the Briggs Intek engine? I'll do it for you: It is the most inexpensive small engine money can buy that is installed on an OEM machine. I'd say no to that feature right away. Dollar for dollar, a Cub Cadet Tank with Kawasaki engine would be a better buy IMHO. But like I said, I'm not a ZTR guy. For those who stated that there are better buys who own these things, tossing a few names around as to what you recommend might be of help.

-Fordlords-

/ Bad Boy Mowers #7  
Don't know enough about them to form a opinion. But I think there are better priced mowers out there and a known quality. Toro, John Deere, Exmark, Gravley all come to mind with those brands quality might be more assured. I see a dealer in town sells Gravley, I think I will take a closer look at one of those in the future.

/ Bad Boy Mowers #8  
Had it delivered a little over a week ago. I think I'm going to like this thing.:) Even though I'm still getting the hang of a zero turn, it's cut my time down from around two hours on a 42" tractor style mower down to one hour on this.

While my 83 year old neighbor (farmer all his life) was over last night harvesting the wheat off of our field we lease to him, I showed him my new toy. (he has a J.D. 717 Z-Trak) He had not heard of Bad Boy's, but he gave it a very thorough looking over and he kept saying how heavy duty it is. Hopefully it will last me a while on my 1 1/2 acres.;)

I respect the comment about the quality of the Briggs engines, although I've had very good luck with them over the years, and I feel confident this one will serve me well.

Bad Boy ZT 6000, 26hp Briggs E.L.S., 60" deck, 2800 series hydrogear drives, electric deck lift, steel pulleys.

Here's a few pics: (hope you have broadband...)

B.jpg

Ba.jpg

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B7.jpg

Last edited:
   / Bad Boy Mowers #9  
I have to admit it looks much more sturdily made than other machines in its price bracket, nice thick deck. For the 1.5 acres the the Briggs will probably hold up fine for 10-15 years. Have fun!

-Fordlords-