Default Attachments for zero turn mowers

When I started thinking about getting a zero turn mower instead of a traditional tractor I quickly realized that the only drawback that I could find was that a zero turn would not accept my dethatcher and spreader attachments.

When I got the mower I noticed that there are two preexisting holes that I assume are for a bagger. I still wanted to use my attachments that I already have.

I had an attachment made that would allow me to use my old attachments. I realize that I will have to be careful while pulling the dethatcher so that I don't jackknife but I will be glad to have the functionality back.

The attachment is upside-down in the pictures BTW I have a ZRT 42. I will post pictures with it attached to the mower once I get the peice from the guy that made it for me.

http://photos.msn.com/Slideshow/View...24%26index%3d1

The device is made up of two pieces. The first is a back plate that is 12" wide and made of 1/4" thick steel. It has two threaded rods protruding up that will fit through the two preexisting holes in the tractor.

The second piece fits over the threaded rods and the nuts hold them together. I made the back plate so large so that it would give some strength to the sheet metal of the tractors rear plate.

I didn't really look for very long but I didn't find anything like it out there. I thought that you would like to see what I had made.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member

Default Re: Attachments for zero turn mowers

What is a ZRT 42?
    GreenSouth Equipment
    14 locations throughout FL, GA, & SC
    www.greensouth.com
    www.greensouthused.com

Cub Cadet zero turn mower.

Veteran Member

Then it is a RZT, not ZTR...be carefull when pulling anything with this mower as the hydro's were never intended to pull attachments also be aware it is very easily to flip and attachment with a zero turn.
    GreenSouth Equipment
    14 locations throughout FL, GA, & SC
    www.greensouth.com
    www.greensouthused.com

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan on pulling anything heavier than my dethatcher and my spreader. I only have one small hill on the side of my house and will only go down that hill with the attachments.

Thanks again for helping a newbie.

Dave

Tractor
    John Deere F930 front mower. Toro commerical mower etc. Farmall H (sold)

Check out JRCO.

http://www.jrcoinc.com/