Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon!

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #11  
heres a shot of mine....

Attachments

• 16-95498-His.jpg
    16-95498-His.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 158
   / Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #12  
Hi Guys,

I think the Ingersolls are great......but they are overkill for what the poster described. Go back and read the original post......a quality LAWN tractor is what he's describing.

Bob

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #13  
<font color=red>Question: what do you buy? Thanks in advance for your input!</font color=red>

Sorry Bob, but I am the king of overkill. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #14  
Now Paul..two tractors almost the same /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif not unless you work them hard in which they need a break,or the other tractor your better half. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

But I do agree w/you one tractor fun..two tractor double the fun and thats what you should be having. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #15  
<font color=red>or the other tractor your better half. </font color=red>

Ding! Ding! you got it. Michele could not get me off mine, so she got her own. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I was looking at it just for the wood splitter, and was going to sell the tractor. She says "no, I wan't my own" so here we are. Ya shes a keeper./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #16  
> Question : What do you buy? <

I bought a JD LX255. Great lawn tractor..........Don't need a garden tractor........... If I did I would consider the Ingersoll's for sure.

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #17  
Good choice. You cant go wrong with any of the JD stuff. I have an old JD112 that was my dads, and its still chugging at 32 years old. I would also look into the Scotts. They look realy well built, and at a good price. I had looked into them before I got my Ingersolls.

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #18  
I just purchased a Ingersoll 4018 it is built to last,but it is
pricey.I tore up the Craftsman tractors before buying this one.
It is Hydraulic drive and has plenty of power.Stay away from
any thing that can not be bought at a dealership.

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon!
Gentlemen, thanks for all of your input. After pouring over dozens of brochures, and speaking to my local JD, Simplicity, and Cub dealers, I purchased a Simplicity Broadmoor. I'm letting my dealer hang onto it until March, when I'll take delivery. I was sold on both the dealer committment and the respective machines at both the JD and Simplicity stores (local Cub dealer is soon to go out of business). It was basically a coin flip decision, but I just felt a little more comfortable with the boys selling Simplicity. Now I have a reason besides warmer weather for wanting Spring to get here soon! Thanks again!

PS: Anyone with any good Simplicity stories, I'd love to hear them!

/ Help a New Guy - Important Purchase Soon! #20  
ncman,

Congrats on your new Broadmoor! Real nice machine. They say Simplicity gives the best cut.

Good Luck, Bob