Toro Tractors V S ~~ Box Store Tractors

/ Toro Tractors V S ~~ Box Store Tractors #1  

LBrown59

Super Star Member
First organized permanent settlement in the northw
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500
Are the Toro Tractors at the Toro Dealers any better than the MTD Stuff in the Box Stores ? ? ? ? ?

Last edited:
   / Toro Tractors V S ~~ Box Store Tractors #2  
Not really.

Go to a Toro Dealer and view the whole lineup, they make really good machines, but the models sold at the box stores....are gernerally lackluster.

/ Toro Tractors V S ~~ Box Store Tractors #3  
Buy a 400xt, 315-8, 522xi GT or any of the Toro WH ZT mower models if you want the good, reliable Toro WH quality. The Toro LT and GTs sold at HD are made by MTD for Toro WH. Toro WH dealers also sell these same low end LT/GTs. Just like how JD and CC dealers sell the same low end LTs as Lowes and HD.

/ Toro Tractors V S ~~ Box Store Tractors #4  
The "classic" wheelhorse tractors are No longer produced, due to lack of public interest.

The 315-8 is not produced, and the only ones available are those still in the showrooms.

The never marketed it, they never did ANYTHING to sell it.

Probably one of the toughest tractors under 6K.

/ Toro Tractors V S ~~ Box Store Tractors #5  
That's the same thing my local Toro WH dealer told me when I bought my parts for my 200 hour service for my 520xi gt. He thought that the 400xt and 522xi will be discontinued with the 315-8 as well. He said the market for Toro WH gts is down in the west, southwest and in the southeastern parts of the U.S. The gt market is still somewhat strong in the midwest and northeastern parts of the country though. But, I guess not strong enough to keep making gts.

You would think that Toro would want to keep making at least one of it's robust gt models for ground engaging attachments. There should be at least enough public interest/marketing in gts to keep making one gt model. Just go's to show you how popular these zt mowers are becoming. My dealer told me that he still sells a fair share of gts every year here in northern Ohio where I live. i don't know if Toro is still going to make their XL Lawn tractor series, or the MTD LX model is replacing it???