Ag Tires Versus Chains Versus Lawn Damage

/ Ag Tires Versus Chains Versus Lawn Damage #11  
Wait.....

Chains on the lawn, am I missing something????? :confused:

Not trying to be smart here, but wouldn't it be better for you and your mower to wait until the lawn is dry? :)

/ Ag Tires Versus Chains Versus Lawn Damage #12  
Hmmm,

I have a Kubota b7100 that has ag tires on it, and whether it's in 2wd or 4wd it always seems to find a way to destroy the lawn. I'm trying to figure out if i can mount turf tires on the existing original (ag) wheels. The damage seems to come mainly from the front wheels when turning.
If I operate in 2wd and turn more slowly the damage is minimized. Maybe i can use some old car or truck tires on the front end only. I've seen farmers do this when mowing in tall grass and weeds on a full size farm tractor and use ag tires for open field work.

/ Ag Tires Versus Chains Versus Lawn Damage #13  
You might consider as I did that you use the Lawn tractor on the lawn and the SCUT tractor on the rough stuff. I cut my 3/4 acre lawn grass with a Craftsman tractor. It does a nice job on the grass around the house and disperses the clippings much better than the 72" rear discharge deck on the Ford 1900. It's all in the design.

I also have a Steiner 4wd as well. That 4wd system does not tear up the lawn. AG tires front and rear on it. They are awesome design.

Steve

/ Ag Tires Versus Chains Versus Lawn Damage #14  
Wait.....

Chains on the lawn, am I missing something????? :confused:

Not trying to be smart here, but wouldn't it be better for you and your mower to wait until the lawn is dry? :)

I have slopes I can't go up at all, even when dry, because of traction.