Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question

/ Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question #1  

mowingcorey

Tractor
Yanmar 1401D
I have a Toro zero turn mower. My wife is the full time operator and I just keep it maintained for her. She has been saying that the left side tire doesn't respond or move as quickly in reverse after she has been mowing for some time. When it is hot, the lever will move the left side backwards slowly or not at all. She is not spinning a tire. Any advice?

/ Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question #2  
The very first thing I would do given the very limited product info you gave is change the Hyd filter and change the hyd fluid then see if makes a difference. As it only happens after the mower has been in operation a while I think this is the first step. Your choice, but been told by several ZTR wrenches to change the fluid to synthetic. My new CC fluid got changed after 1hr of operation.

/ Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question #3  
You might also want to check the hydraulic hoses, if this machine has high hours, or age on it. One of the handiest tools for diagnosis of hydraulic problems is a hand held infra red thermometer, just point it at the component you suspect, and see if the pump, hose, motor, bearing etc. is hotter than the one(s) that are running right.:D

/ Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question
The hydraulic system is all self contained - one for each side/rear wheel. I don't have visible filters or hoses. It runs off a belt that looks good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

/ Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question #5  
Kind of hard to diagnose that which is unknown. Need model #, approximate age would be nice. Failing that, pictures would probably be helpful.:D

/ Zero Turn Mower Hydraulic Question #6  
Need a little help, plastic pulley fell apart and the bearing went out so I replaced the pulley and now the z turn will not go forward or reverse the belt is on and the slides that you can move to roll the mower freely are in the correct area this is my first zero turn its a Toro 4200 Time Cutter I made the mistake of buying used because was not sure if I wanted to spend that much on a zero turn before I knew if I would like them or not, 1200 dollars guess ya get what ya pay for was hoping more the three times of mowing. Thanks for any help in this matter also the pulley is turning that comes down from the motor shaft.