12 volt conversion

/ 12 volt conversion #1  

joeberry

Ok, i'm off on a new path. Has anyone had any luck with 12 volt kits and any ones that seem the best for the money. I have seen one from Stevens tractor and have bought some parts recently. I would like to go HEI as well. This will be for my 641 Workmaster............... thanks jb

/ 12 volt conversion #2  
12v kit? eh.. easy enough to make on your own.. or buy the brackets. CNH carries alternator brackets for the 134 and 172ci 4 cyl ford engines.. or you can bang out your own with some flat stock and angle stock, and/or a universal adjuster arm from an auto parts store.

then use a 3 wire delco 10-si alternator.. wire the charge post to the line that HAD been hooked to your v-reg bat terminal.

wire the #2 spade terminal to the charge post.

wire the #1 terminal to the red dash indicator lamp.. the other side of the lamp goes to the switched side of the key switch... install a 12v battery negative ground... install a napa IC14sb ignition coil, and poof.. you are done.

if you go with a EI.. like pertronix.. etc.. get their coil.. etc.

for the price of those EI ( 100-150$ ) you can buy a couple liftetime supplies of breaker points. I curently get about 5ys on a set of side mount breaker points that fint side mount 8n thru the 4 cyl hundred series fords, and the early 4 cyl thousand series fords.. IE.. 1950 thru 1964 all used the same points..

good luck

Soundguy

Soundguy