1956 Farmall cub

/ 1956 Farmall cub #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
doing some research for a friend of a friend, he has a 56 cub that he wants to sell, have not seen the tractor, just this picture. It apeears to be in excellent condition, no attachements just the tractor. Rough idea of it's worth.

Last edited:
   / 1956 Farmall cub #2  
Once you post the pic we can comment.

battery ignition or magneto.

still got a working genny and on 6v

any wheel weights.

seat and spring in good condition

rims ok

front grill?

steering box tight.. and crack/welds?

radiator cast portions and core ok?

Anywhere fron 800$ to 2500$ depending.

soundguy

/ 1956 Farmall cub #3  
condition and location and with/without equp is going to govern the price. The last one I bought was a 53' with hyd lift and nearly new 8.3 rear tires and a complete set of cultivators. I gave 1000.00 for it. I tuned it up, replaced the starter button, cleaned the carb, repainted it and put new decals on it and sold it for 1600.00
More in some parts of the country, less in others. HTH, Nat

/ 1956 Farmall cub
sorry sounguy i don't have that information at this time, but found the pic, will see if i can figure out how to attach it

Attachments

• Farmal Cub.jpg
    Farmal Cub.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,962
   / 1956 Farmall cub #5  
Paint and tires look good. Hard to tell about the rest. You can tell a lot about a cub by how tight the steering is as this was a "weak link" on that model. If the steering is tight, hydraulic works well, clutch is good, brakes work, has good oil pressure, good compression on all (4) cylinders, runs smooth, and starts well on a 6 volt battery, then I would ask around $2500 as a starting price. Beware of 12 volt conversions as this was done a lot to ease starting on a worn engine with low compression. If it still starts good on 6 volts then there probably is not even a need to check the compression. Drop the price about $250 each for the potential problems I mentioned. If it has none of these problems and he will take $2000, send me a pm and I will drive over there this weekend and pick it up. I have owned one of these quite a while and it is the "ultimate" cultivating tractor in my opinion. Mine has most of the problems I mentioned (steering, brakes, 12 volt, clutch) plus the tires are wore out and the paint looks like heck so that would be a sweet deal for me.

/ 1956 Farmall cub #6  
Unless I'm missing something the one in the pic is a cub low-boy, more for utility than cultivating. It's a little hard to tell as you are looking down on it. later, Nat

/ 1956 Farmall cub #7  
If it is a low-boy, which is certainly not the "ultimate" cultivating tractor, then I must withdraw my offer of $2k. Cultivating is all I use the cub for. There may be some market for the low versions but I would think that the prices would be at least $500 less due to decreased versatility. The forward cultivators make a nice step to get up on a regular cub's platform. Some folk's might prefer the low version due to it's easier mounting.

/ 1956 Farmall cub
The guy did mention that it is a low boy

/ 1956 Farmall cub #9  
Yep.. it is.. nice wheel weights too.

soundguy