IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace

/ IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace #1  

flusher

Tractor
Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.
Sand blasted the frame, hitch, attachment hardware and repainted per original color scheme. The blue came out too dark, but what the heck.

DSCF0249Small.jpg

The height adjustment lever mechanisms work fine. Needed to replace the wire connections on the adjustment arms that connect the squeeze levers to the locks on those gear-line contraptions.

DSCF0250Small.jpg

Coulters need final adjustment. Rear wheel turns freely.

Final work: weld a crack in one of the hitch brackets. Lube and it's ready to do its thing.

DSCF0251Small.jpg

I'll find out if the raise/lower clutch mechanism works OK once I hook the plow to the Mahindra 5525 and take it for a spin.

These old trailer plows are a tad more complex than modern 3pt double bottom plows, but they are fun to play around with.

/ IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace #2  
What kind of tires did you put on it? The reason I ask is I'm also refurbishing A little genius #8 two bottom.
Thanks George

/ IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace #3  
Your pictures are not working. I cannot see them.

/ IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace
Your pictures are not working. I cannot see them.

Sorry. The links got messed up when I reorganized my Photobucket stuff. Here they are.

IH Little Genius 8---1.JPGIH Little Genius 8----2.JPGIH Little Genius 8----3.JPG

/ IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace #5  
   / IH Little Genius #8 2-14 plow refurbishing proceeding apace #6  
Looking good , like the tires on the massey as well .

Looking good , like the tires on the massey as well .

Those are BF Goodrich 6 ply 18.4-16A tires (18" wide, 16" dia wheels, 40" tall overall) loaded with water (never freezes around here in the North Sacramento Valley). I bought that 135 in July 2006 from a neighbor who modified it (shorter front axle spindles, 16" wheels) for use in his olive orchard (discing, mowing with flail mower). It would make a nice tractor to mow steep hills since it squats so low. Those wide rears are typically used on large ag equipment like combines, etc.

Want kind of tires did you put on the little genius, and what size? Thanks George

The plow came with P215/75R15 tires.