Fordson Super Major parts??

/ Fordson Super Major parts?? #1  

sheepman

Tractor
1962 Fordson Super Major Diesel, 1951 Ferguson TO20
We have a Fordson Super Major Diesel that dad and I have been wanting to restore for years. It has been in the family since new. The problem we are having is finding parts for it. There are a few sites on the net that carry limited parts, but none that we are looking for. Specific parts we are looking for are: seat pan, tach cable, hood latch handle.

Any help finding a parts source would be great. The local Ford dealer can't even get parts anymore. We're going to try a local salvage yard tomorrow.

I attached a picture of the old girl out doing what she does best.

Sheepman

Attachments

• Plow Day 2006 (11).JPG
    Plow Day 2006 (11).JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 4,340
   / Fordson Super Major parts?? #2  
Might try Ford-Fordson.org collector club

/ Fordson Super Major parts?? #3  
Over in England Majors are still in abundance and extremely popular as a working tractor and in recent years becoming more and more collectable.

All spare parts are available off the shelf from numerous traders/dealers in England who would ship overseas, also always lots of stuff for sale on Ebay UK

The only drawback at present is exchange rate is against you, $2 = £1...........hope this helps , Regards Dean

/ Fordson Super Major parts??
Thanks for the reply guys. I found a place overseas, but like you said Dean, the exchange rate along with shipping make those parts pretty expensive.

We had our annual "plow day" in the neighborhood last Saturday. The neighbor always seeds around 40 acres of wheat so we can shine up the 2 and 3 bottom plows for a day. This year we had around 15 tractors/plows out there. On one round, I counted 38 bottoms plowing at once. 40 acres really isn't enough at that point! The Major is usually a crowd pleaser, mostly due to the plume of smoke it leaves in the air. Too bad we have to wait a whole year to do it again.

/ Fordson Super Major parts?? #5  
Hello, I realize it's been 4 years since your post re your family's Super Major, and I really don't have any sources for parts, but I would be very interested in your tractor if it's for sale. I grew up with that model of tractor (along with several hand-cranked John Deeres and an Oliver or two) and have been looking for a Fordson Super Major Diesel to restore--just ran across your post by a random google search. If at all interested, pleae email me back and I will follow up. Karl Geier, Dallas Oregon (formerly Erskine Minnesota).