Garden-All tractor

/ Garden-All tractor #1  

AV8R62

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4200
Does anyone know know about a "Garden All" tractor made in Liberty Indiana during the 40's ?
they were narow enough to pull a wheat drill between the corn rows.
I think the company was bought by WheelHorse.

/ Garden-All tractor #2  
I did a Google search for "Garden All tractor" and got a few interesting sites to look at. I didn't realize that Garden-All, Speedex and Wheelhorse were all "related" to each other by the working experience of the founders of each company who all worked at Shaw Manufacturing at one time. Some of the interesting sites I found:
Speedex.com - History

Garden-All

Speedex.com - History

/ Garden-All tractor
Thanks for the information, it amazes me how little their is on this.
I have found one the still runs and has never been left out in the weather
the paint is even good

/ Garden-All tractor #4  
Buy it! If you don't like it or want it, sell it to me. Depending on the model, these are getting hard yo find.

Doug

/ Garden-All tractor
it is a Gardenall "garden master" and I don't have any numbers yet but it would have been made in the early 50's

/ Garden-All tractor #6  
Does anyone know know about a "Garden All" tractor made in Liberty Indiana during the 40's ?
they were narow enough to pull a wheat drill between the corn rows.
I think the company was bought by WheelHorse.

Gibson made a similar garden tractor in the late 1940s

DSCF0170Small-1.jpg

It's a model D-1500 AEH manufactured in Longmont CO in 1947. One of the guys in the EDGE T&A club in Redding restored it.

/ Garden-All tractor
I finaly got a picture of it but no numbers
it is in good shape for a 50 + year old tractor.

Attachments

• Gardenall.JPG
    Gardenall.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 2,424
   / Garden-All tractor
I have more pictures now
this is a great little tractor.

Attachments

• gard'n mast'r 008.jpg
    gard'n mast'r 008.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 1,369
  • gard'n mast'r 006.jpg
    gard'n mast'r 006.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • gard'n mast'r 005.jpg
    gard'n mast'r 005.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 1,492
  • gard'n mast'r 004.jpg
    gard'n mast'r 004.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 688
   / Garden-All tractor #9  
I am assuming you bought it? It indeed looks to be a nice machine. I see the crank out front, is that the only "starter"?

/ Garden-All tractor #10  
The garage workshop that Frank Bethge used was right behind my house. He was retired and Gardenall production had ended when I knew him. He was quite a charater and his shop was a regular stop for the neighborhood kids to hear stories or to just watch him work magic with metal. My father bought two Gardenalls the day I was born. One was to stay in town and the other went out to the farm to be used with a wheat drill. Dad said he got the tractors to settle a debt that Glenn Heilman owed. Dad finally sold one tractor in 2000-2001 and the second was given to my cousin when we were settling the estate. I have many memories of driving those tractors around. The factory building is gone, but Bethge's workshop is still there. The locals have all but forgotten the little tractors. Last year there was a tractor show on the courthouse lawn and I saw a local teen looking at a pair of very orginal Gardenalls. He had never seen nor heard of them and wonder where they were built. I told him to turn around and pointed to Woodruff's Grocery. I told him that is where the old factory stood. There are still several known tractors around Liberty and there maybe more stuck away in a garage or barn.