99% finished on the 3000

/ 99% finished on the 3000 #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Got her seat back on and fenders and grill and bumper mounted just as the rain was starting.. her 'test' drive was a mad dash tot he bar to get under cover!

soundguy

Attachments

• 101_2591.JPG
    101_2591.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 4,290
   / 99% finished on the 3000 #2  
Now that turned out real nice! That 3000 will look great with the rest of your collection. Are you going to add lights? Just curious, I didn't see any mounting holes.

Mike

/ 99% finished on the 3000 #3  
Got her seat back on and fenders and grill and bumper mounted just as the rain was starting.. her 'test' drive was a mad dash tot he bar to get under cover!

soundguy

Nice job.
What brand paint did you use?
I'm shopping for Prairie Gold #2 and Cherry Red colors for my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF that I restoring. I think I'll stick to acrylic enamel.

/ 99% finished on the 3000
Nice job.
What brand paint did you use?
I'm shopping for Prairie Gold #2 and Cherry Red colors for my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF that I restoring. I think I'll stick to acrylic enamel.

I used valspar equipment paint, valspar hardner, and naptha as a spray thinner, and mineral spirits for cleanup.

soundguy

Now that turned out real nice! That 3000 will look great with the rest of your collection. Are you going to add lights? Just curious, I didn't see any mounting holes.

Mike

The front nose is brand new and i don't want to drill it for lamp holes, but i may install 2 lamps on the front bumper.. making it look like the units that have the lamps in the grill.. etc. Could have used lamps last night.. it was getting dark and stormy, and I had to pull into my barn real carefully so as not to hit the other tractors...

I have a toolbox for the fender.. but again.. the fenders are new.. and I'm not hot about drilling on them just yet.. :)

soundguy

/ 99% finished on the 3000 #6  

soundguy

Looks Great! :)

/ 99% finished on the 3000 #7  
Yes sir I am drooling...nice..very nice! :)

/ 99% finished on the 3000 #8  
I used valspar equipment paint, valspar hardner, and naptha as a spray thinner, and mineral spirits for cleanup.

soundguy

Roger.
I used Valspar tractor restoration paint on my 1964 MF-135 diesel. Pretty easy to use and not a bad looking job.

Unfortunately, Valspar doesn't make the MM Prairie Gold #2 and Cherry Red paints that I need. A few years ago TSC carried that color under the BPS label. Since then Valspar bought BPS and decided to drop the MM colors.

NAPA carries the Martin Senuor brand of auto paint, which are pricey. And since the vast majority of auto paint sold today is urethane, guys like me who want acrylic enamel have to special order that type of paint. Urethane is nice, but I don't like the hazard associated with applying that stuff.

Same here.. i stick with acrylic and alkyd paints... more forgiving.. easier to work with.. cheaper.. and decently durable if you apply them correctly and maintaint he machine.

here's my 'finished' 3000 with a kk hog behind her.. just mowed a couple ac with her.

soundguy

Attachments

• 101_2601.JPG
    101_2601.JPG
    735 KB · Views: 1,870
   / 99% finished on the 3000 #10  
Good Mornin Chris,
That came out very nice !

That tractor is capable of many jobs. Mowing and raking come to mind first, but what a nice inbetween size it is !

Beautiful job, enjoy ! :)