Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

Default Allis 620

I participate in another forum about old Simplicity and Allis Chalmers and one of the members is selling a unit. This post is not about the sale, these are about the best pictures I have seen of one of these tractors. I wish I was not a continent away!!

Tractor Allis - Chalmers 620 with Loader
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

Default Re: Allis 620

Nice little rig, and nice pics, you're right. Looks like a pretty heavy frame for the size, so it's probably long-lasting. What are the two wire rope ends by the 3-point lower arms for?
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West

Tractor

The wire ropes are used to lower and raise the mower deck. If you look above the one on the left side you will see a bracket with a hole in the end. That's where the left one hooks up with a pin and there is the same rig on the right. There is a hydraulic cylinder under the seat that rotates the bar across the top of the back causing either the 3ph or the wire rop rigs to come up/down or in/out.

Good eyes.

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Looks a little like my simplicity. Looking at the pictures though, the rear PTO shaft, where is it? My simplicitys PTO is outwards on the back. I also know where I could get pictures of a tractor like that, the guy i got my Simplicity from collects tractors and has a Simplicity Just like the 620. To me, it looked like a canadate for me to restore. And yes, it has a FEL. I will have to wait for my mom to build a shop first. Possibly late next summer.The picture bellow is my simplicity on its way home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -jacobs-pictures-11-9-09-a  
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor

This Allis is the same as a Simplicity 4040, so you are on the money Jacob. Nice unit you have and Diesel to boot!

The PTO is different than what you are used to. It's in the pic with the "trailer hitch" thingee. It's a hole with splines on it, something sticks into it. The PTO runs at 1000 rpm I think.

Tractor
    allis chalmers 620

Hi I'm new to the forum and have an allis chalmers 620 and need to find the front electric clutch assembly does any one know where I might find one.ALso does any one know how much they go for? Thanks Steve(sorry for intruding in your conversation.)