Allis 620

/ Allis 620 #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
I participate in another forum about old Simplicity and Allis Chalmers and one of the members is selling a unit. This post is not about the sale, these are about the best pictures I have seen of one of these tractors. I wish I was not a continent away!!

Tractor Allis - Chalmers 620 with Loader

/ Allis 620 #2  
Nice little rig, and nice pics, you're right. Looks like a pretty heavy frame for the size, so it's probably long-lasting. What are the two wire rope ends by the 3-point lower arms for?
Jim

/ Allis 620
The wire ropes are used to lower and raise the mower deck. If you look above the one on the left side you will see a bracket with a hole in the end. That's where the left one hooks up with a pin and there is the same rig on the right. There is a hydraulic cylinder under the seat that rotates the bar across the top of the back causing either the 3ph or the wire rop rigs to come up/down or in/out.

Good eyes.

/ Allis 620 #4  
Looks a little like my simplicity. Looking at the pictures though, the rear PTO shaft, where is it? My simplicitys PTO is outwards on the back. I also know where I could get pictures of a tractor like that, the guy i got my Simplicity from collects tractors and has a Simplicity Just like the 620. To me, it looked like a canadate for me to restore.:p And yes, it has a FEL. I will have to wait for my mom to build a shop first.:( Possibly late next summer.:)The picture bellow is my simplicity on its way home.

Attachments

• Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 048.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 11-9-09 048.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 333
   / Allis 620
This Allis is the same as a Simplicity 4040, so you are on the money Jacob. Nice unit you have and Diesel to boot!

The PTO is different than what you are used to. It's in the pic with the "trailer hitch" thingee. It's a hole with splines on it, something sticks into it. The PTO runs at 1000 rpm I think.

/ Allis 620 #6  
Hi I'm new to the forum and have an allis chalmers 620 and need to find the front electric clutch assembly does any one know where I might find one.ALso does any one know how much they go for? Thanks Steve(sorry for intruding in your conversation.)