Ferguson

/ Ferguson #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I own a '51 Ferguson 2085. Bought it with the farm 20 years ago and it still runs very well. I have been using it with a 5 ft Rotary mower the past few months and am thinking it may be time to upgrade to a TO 35 with Independent PTO and two stage clutch (Power steering would also be a nice touch). The search has begun in central Ontario Canada. If anyone has any leads I would be happy to hear from you.

Bob

/ Ferguson #2  
Bob, I don't have any leads for you, but it's nice to hear from another Ferguson owner. I have a 1951 TO-20, and I love it! Harry Ferguson made great tractors!!

I never heard of your 2085. What are the specs?

/ Ferguson
Hi Rick
I areee Harry was a genius and his machines will likely be around longer than I will. As a Fergie enthusiast are you familiar with http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/ntracz.pl?m=ferg

As far as I can understand the TEA 2085 is a made in England and has slightly more HP than the 20. There is some great technical support on both of the above sites.

Cheers

Bob

/ Ferguson #4  
Hi Bob
A fella lives near me is a Buyer seller of smaller ag machines. Frequently he has MF 35 and 135 series tractors (and others)
at this time he has a MF35 Perkins 3cyl. diesel dual clutch and Multipower trans. He said that the short block had been done and he had to check out the head. He was going to put new tires on it (I think) It doesn't look real pretty now but its all there (complete machine). He said he would want $4500-$5500 and he told me that it would be ready to go in about a month after sandblasting and painting. He lives near Welland Ontario I suppose I am soliciting you but you did ask for leads. If you wanted to deal the 20-85 I am sure he would make an offer for it. Drop me a line if you would like any other info.
Gary
forrest@warplink.com