Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota GR2110

Default Standard Monarch

I just acquired an old Standard Monarch. According to the serial number it is a 1940's model. The engine uses a magneto, not a buzz coil and battery. I'd like to restore it and get it running again. Anyone know where I can find information on the engine and tractor itself? I've searched all over, but keep coming up with dead ends. I believe the only parts that are missing is the air filter and the crank handle. I believe I could fab a crank handle from a 5/8" or so deep socket, if I knew what the end of it looked like.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Default Re: Standard Monarch

Quote Originally Posted by CR172 View Post
    I just acquired an old Standard Monarch. According to the serial number it is a 1940's model. The engine uses a magneto, not a buzz coil and battery. I'd like to restore it and get it running again. Anyone know where I can find information on the engine and tractor itself? I've searched all over, but keep coming up with dead ends. I believe the only parts that are missing is the air filter and the crank handle. I believe I could fab a crank handle from a 5/8" or so deep socket, if I knew what the end of it looked like.
    Are you sure about the name? I can't find "Standard Monarch" in any of my tractor reference books. A photo of your tractor would help a lot.

I believe I could fab a crank handle from a 5/8" or so deep socket, if I knew what the end of it looked like.
    Be carefull fabing the handle. You need one that is kicked off as the engine starts.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    2009 Kubota GR2110

Quote Originally Posted by flusher View Post
    Are you sure about the name? I can't find "Standard Monarch" in any of my tractor reference books. A photo of your tractor would help a lot.
    The name tag says Monarch by Standard Engine Company, or something like that. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota GR2110

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Be carefull fabing the handle. You need one that is kicked off as the engine starts.
    That's why I said "if I knew what the end looked like. I was also thinking if it were a rachet, it would free spin.... Could be wrong though....

Tractor
    2009 Kubota GR2110

Here is the only picture I have available at this time. Will post others later.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Neat photo. It helps a lot.
    Here's what I've found on the Web

Standard Monarch Garden Tractor

Standard Garden Tractor

Standard Twin Garden Tractor

Standard Walsh Garden Tractor

Have a ball doing this restoration.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota GR2110

Thanks Flusher.
    I've found that site and asked questions. They sent me some links that no longer work. If I could just get some close up pics of things and the end of the crank handle...... Very frustrating..... Hard to belive that there isn't more information than what I've found.

We had to haul it back about 120 miles or so...... can you tell we didn't want it going anywhere with all the straps?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota GR2110

I guess this is an odd bird...... Not much info to be found about them and the engines....

We just uncovered a 1944 Standard Monarch. We have the crank and it turns over properly but doesn't start. We haven't monkeyed with it at all. We could take a picture of the crank and send it. Our's looks like a larger socket than 5/8's. The end is designed to turn one direction and skip tooth the other direction as to not bind up if the motor fires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast