Allis Chalmers D17

/ Allis Chalmers D17 #1  

Nevadan

I wouldn't exactly consider a D17 vintage but this seems the best forum for it.

I just bought a Allis Chalmers D17 that is in need of some new rear rims and since I am in Reno right now I want to call around at salvage yards and tractor dealerships to see if they have any laying around. But since I am in Reno I cannot measure the hubs so I was wondering if anybody happens to know: the bolt circle diamter, and the number of holes in the rims? I'm thinking that they had a 14" rim, is that correct?

Last edited:
   / Allis Chalmers D17 #2  
I wouldn't exactly consider a D17 vintage but this seems the best forum for it.

I just bought a Allis Chalmers D17 that is in need of some new rear rims and since I am in Reno right now I want to call around at salvage yards and tractor dealerships to see if they have any laying around. But since I am in Reno I cannot measure the hubs so I was wondering if anybody happens to know: the bolt circle diamter, and the number of holes in the rims? I'm thinking that they had a 14" rim, is that correct?

Rears have 8 bolts. Don't know the BC dia. Sorry.

AC Allis Chalmers D17 Tractor for sale

/ Allis Chalmers D17
Thanks that helps. It's kinda bad I didn't think to count them on picture.

/ Allis Chalmers D17 #4  
Our main tractor was a D-14 for quite a few years. It had rims that allowed you to easily space the rears different for various row-crop requirements. I think the D-17 used the same type. It may be tough to locate original, adjustable-style rims but I would think you could find some non-adjustable aftermarket ones without too much trouble.