International Harvester Tractor model S W 6

/ International Harvester Tractor model S W 6 #1  
Tractor
M-5,IH-S W 6,D65E Komatsu
I'm starting to wonder about this 'I H ' model S W 6,What I'd like to know is there a shop manual on this model.For I believe it is made in 1953 .And also there is no way of checking the motor oil,like no dip stick,also where to add motor oil.:laughing:For it would a great help for any imfo on said tractor.:thumbsup:Thanks ahead of time for any imfo.cause I'm sure :confused:
Please and thanks

/ International Harvester Tractor model S W 6 #2  
Not sure about your question on the manuals.
There are two petcocks in the oilpan, RH side, I think. Open the lower one, if no oil runs out, add oil until it runs out the top petcock. Oilfill cap is on the RH side of the engine, a flat threaded cap about 2" in diameter with thumbgrips (wings). Just ahead of the distributer. Use straight weight 30W unless operating in severe cold.

Edit:

Just noticed this was my 3000th post here.

/ International Harvester Tractor model S W 6
Thank you very much,wasn't sure so I didn't run tractor longer than needed.:thumbsup:

/ International Harvester Tractor model S W 6 #4  
IH S W 6 is more correctly an IH "McCormick Super W-6" tractor.

Built 1952 to 1954, essentially the same engine and basic transmission is the IH "Farmall Super M" tractor.

Binder Books sell a reprint of the Operator's manual for tractors with chassis serial number 3952 and above.
Binder Books part # 1004277

Hope that helps!

/ International Harvester Tractor model S W 6 #5  
Check out Jensales for manuals.