Vintage equipment Q- Transmix by The Carlson Co

/ Vintage equipment Q- Transmix by The Carlson Co #1  

Kaliburz

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 60, 3020, 2030, 2240, 2640, Farmall A
I'm sure that this is out of place.... but not sure where to put it (other then the implement section...found a old posting on one, but 0 replies). This is kind of 'vintage' and I'm sure the folks who browse here prob. knows a bit more about it or may know where to find.

I just bought an older 3pt hitch PTO cement mixer, a "Transmix" by THE CARLSON COMPANY. Any how, I'm trying to find more info on it. Specifically if I'm missing an brackets. I figured out what two of the brackets are for that were just inside the drum. But not sure of anything else.

I've seen older pics of the Transmix when it was build by the original company. They were made to fit specific tractors at the time- since there was no standardization yet I would say.

We tried to hook it up to JD 2240 (not too vintage). But we found out that the front part of the mixer hits the tires- wheel spacing isn't quite enough. The 3pt lower pins look adjustable, but the next position I don't think will provide enough clearance. The 2240 tractor we tried to mount it on was a orchard vineyard model, not a standard.

I thought about making some brackets to bring out the lower 3pt pins so it clears the tires. Center link is mounted on the unit, so it would have to be lengthened also.....

So, any ideas if it is missing anything? The blank hole on one of the top arms, I know that's where the brackets left inside the drum go. It mounts, I think, to the bottom frame on those blank/empty holes in the back.

I Googled "TRANSMIX" and found some old posts on other threads. Some people posted vinage manuals, but they are 'older'- the mixers that fit only one brand of tractor. This is one of the 'newer' models.

Attachments

• 113 b.jpg
    113 b.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 113 a.jpg
    113 a.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 399
  • 113 c.jpg
    113 c.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 222