/ parking brake #1  

rjsimpson

Tractor
ferguson to20
does the ferguson to20 have a parking brake don't laugh I am new to this

/ parking brake #2  
does the ferguson to20 have a parking brake don't laugh I am new to this

Welcome to TBN:thumbsup:

I can't directly answer your question, but the TO20 was similar to the 8n fords. And they kinda had a parking brake. Their was a pawl with teeth that enguaged and held the brakes on. It was all external and located under the seat on the side of the transmission/rear end housing. It was supposed to engage by stomping the brakes quickly, but that didn't always work and sometimes you had to reach down there and manually engage it.

But again, I am not sure if the TO20 is similar or not. Just follow the linkages and see if anything looks like it will lock or hold.

/ parking brake #3  
Welcome to TBN:thumbsup:

I can't directly answer your question, but the TO20 was similar to the 8n fords. And they kinda had a parking brake. Their was a pawl with teeth that enguaged and held the brakes on. It was all external and located under the seat on the side of the transmission/rear end housing. It was supposed to engage by stomping the brakes quickly, but that didn't always work and sometimes you had to reach down there and manually engage it.

But again, I am not sure if the TO20 is similar or not. Just follow the linkages and see if anything looks like it will lock or hold.

Many of these old tractors had some kind of parking brake latch mechanism on one of the brake pedals. My 1964 MF135 diesel has an over-center spring-type parking brake latch. It's engaged by tripping the latch forward by hand or foot and depressing the brake pedals (it's assumed that the brake pedals are linked together). You release the parking brake by moving the latch to the rear and depressing the brake pedals.

Hope this helps.

/ parking brake #4  
I am trying to buy new parking brake pawls (latches w/ teeth) as mentioned here for my 52 8n but can't find them at any of the typical parts sites including ebay, I need the moving part side attached to the rods off the brake pedals. Any one know where I can find a pair.

Thanks

/ parking brake #5  
john smith has the arms with pawls and the sector plates.

might or might not have the pawls seperate. email him.. he's a real good guy to do business with. worst case.. 15$ for the arm and pawl and you are good.

Ford Tractor Rear Axle and Brake Parts For Sale

/ parking brake #6  
Hey thanks Soundguy will do.

/ parking brake #7  
he's a trustworthy guy.. half my tractors have parts on them from him. never have gotten anything that was not at least as described.. or better in condition.

soundguy