When the Going Gets Tough...

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
I just saw this picture on the main page of FoxNews. An 8N?

Attachments

• 44-219740-15_2_122402_storm_arkansas.jpg
    44-219740-15_2_122402_storm_arkansas.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 356
   / When the Going Gets Tough... #2  
It could be. After Ford changed the color scheme to the one in the picture for the 8N most people with 9Ns and 2Ns painted theirs the same colors so it's hard to tell at this angle. The original color for the "N" series was all gray.

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #3  
What can't those buggers do..all purpose farm tractor for sure.

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #4  
I just can't help it; whenever I see a (removed) tractor the word: "toy" pops into my mind. I was raised in CA where we really didn't utilize big wheel tractors since all the heavy work was done with Cats, but EVEN THEN we regarded the Ferds with sort of a chuckle because they were so lightweight and, well...... powerless? GREAT for feeding chickens; zooming out to see how the irrigation water was doing; teaching kids like me to drive before we graduated up to the John Deeres; and maybe raking hay. Anything tougher than that was kind of.......well.......out of their league. Incredibly, they still command a HUGE price in the west since every little "ranchette" owner wants one.

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #5  
Ooooooo, what you said! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I tend to agree. I know lots and lots of people love 'em, but where I was raised (central Michigan) nobody took 'em seriously.

They're awful popular with the granola set here in Downeast Maine too. If it runs, it's worth $3500. They can have 'em. I can buy 2 real tractors and paint 'em for that kind of money.

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #6  
They take them seriously now. I cannot believe the price those Ns are getting around here. When the suburbanites first move out to their 5 or 10 acres in the country they try to match their silver beamers with a little grey tractor. Soon afterwards a new orange tractor will appear.

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #7  
The picture isn't clear but the grill is that of an 8N.

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #8  
Looking down?? After you followed a team pulling a single bottom plow, those "powerless toys" sure looked good with a 2 bottom plow and a seat. bcs

/ When the Going Gets Tough... #9  
Not to mention headlights so you could keep going after dark! Headlights really catapulted the farm tractor into prominence in terms of getting work done.