Allis Chalmers G Restoration

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration #1  

kiddco

My son & daughter started this FFA restoration project of an Allis Chalmers G with several questions for the guys and gals on this forum. Great advice was received along with very helpful photos and info. Thanks to everyone who helped. Here is the finished product. Showed at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Ag Mech show last week and received a blue ribbon from the judge panel along with 3rd place showmanship. The kids won a mig welder, plasma cutter, and tons of welding equipment, hoods, gloves etc for their school. We're going to get this one sold and start looking for next year's tractor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. They've done a JD 40 and this G. Thinking about an early model Allis Chalmers U if we can find one. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Allis G Photos 001.jpg
    Allis G Photos 001.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 8,620
  • Allis G Photos 005.jpg
    Allis G Photos 005.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 977
  • Allis G Photos 006.jpg
    Allis G Photos 006.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Allis G Photos 008.jpg
    Allis G Photos 008.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 1,492
  • Allis G Photos 003.jpg
    Allis G Photos 003.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 9,103
   / Allis Chalmers G Restoration #2  
That is a great restoration job on that G. I am sure that it didn't look that good when it was new. I have my Dad's G that we used for many years cultivating gardens, tobacco and pepper crops. I hope to restore it one day.

Once again...Great Job!

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration #3  
Congrats to all involved--an excellent restoration.

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration
It was pretty rough when we got it from up in Michigan. Wouldn't start, missing parts, but fairly good metal. The kids did new brake pads, all new gaskets, carb kit, distributor brushes & wires, new manifold, ground & adjusted valves, rebored and new rings, new lights, new tires, new wiring, new battery, cables, and box, and a bunch of metal work. Painted Persian orange #1. I think I was more proud of their efforts than they were. Thanks again for all the help you guys provided on this forum.

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration #5  
very nice. I have one and love it.

soundguy

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration #6  
Really nice job. I love the little G. Great tractor.

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration #7  
thanks for showing us, I allways found the G a neat machine.

/ Allis Chalmers G Restoration #8  
Nice! I like the little g's but have you ever heard about the D15 tractors?