jc penny tractor

/ jc penny tractor #1  

casetractor

Tractor
case 446 and sears 8xl and powerking
i resently came across a jc penny tractor. i didnt know anything bout them but the guy who owned it told me tht it was a 16 hp hydrostatic tractor from the 1960s ,had a mower deck, snow blade, and a hydraulic 3pt hitch. does anyone know anything about them

/ jc penny tractor #2  
I don't remember the J.C. Penney tractors. But in the 1960s, J.C. Penney sold just about everything, much the same as Sears. I had a Penncrest typewriter (rebadged Smith-Corona), a Penncrest electric adding machine, Penncrest washer & dryer (GE), Pencrest refrigerator, a small electric organ, tires, camera, barstools, drapes for the house, etc. from J.C. Penney. Our first color TV came from J.C. Penney. I remember them having an automotive repair center and lawnmowers, but just don't remember the tractors.

/ jc penny tractor
yea the guy also said that they were manufactured by mtd but there were two types. this one was yellow and had jc penny writen on the side. but i understand what u mean.

/ jc penny tractor #4  
My Dad bought a MTD from Pennys in 1973? It was a white and blue MTD "ten hundred series" with a 10 HP Briggs and a 44 inch cut. Back then, ALL STEEL GRILL, PTO driven mower.... BUILT LIKE A TANK!......... But that's 38 years ago.....

/ jc penny tractor
yea this one was yellow and white and i belief had a all steel grill and had jc penny writen on the side in black letters. he said he got it in 1969. i understand about the age of the tractors. i have have a newer troy built (21 hp)and the thing is horrible. i had a sears 8xl and that drug it around the yard.

/ jc penny tractor #6  
I believe they were rebadged Simplicitys. To tell for sure, look how the deck mounts on the tractor. If it pins to the front axle, and the back is hung by a chain or cable near the center of the deck, that's a tell tale Simplicity trademark. I have 3. Like a rubber tired moose.

/ jc penny tractor #7  
J.C. Penney, the national department store chain, is canceling the bulk of the sales events at its stores in the future. They can afford to, because they are also decreasing all costs by 40 percent or more, forever. Source for this article: J.C. Penney slashing all prices by 40 percent. With all these cutting of prices, the store will offer fewer sales throughout the year. In addition to that, J.C. Penney will have to offer only one promotional sales per month, according to Bloomberg.

/ jc penny tractor #8  
A buddy of mine collects Sears and Penny's garden tractors/riding lawn mowers. I made a phone call. He tells me that the Pennys tractors were built by MTD.

/ jc penny tractor #9  
I bought a 5 hp rear engine JC Penny lawn tractor in 1976. It was built by Murray at the Lawrenceburg TN plant. It was brown in color with Briggs engine. It gave me excellent service for 6 years. At the time I remember looking at their 6 hp front engine which was a MTD.