Lets see them antique tractors

/ Lets see them antique tractors #31  
What about antique tractors and implements? Wouldn't mind seeing some of them.
I think we all can agree that tractors look good in their work clothes and all dressed up for shows.

OK, here's my fully restored Minneapolis Moline P3-6 grain drill (10 ft wide, 20 hoes, single disc openers).

Actually, I found two of these drills locally and got them for $275.

DSCF0281 (Small).JPG

This one has a pair of trip clutches to raise and lower the openers. It ended up as the donor unit that provided some parts for the other unit and was retired to the front yard as a yard ornament.

DSCF0283 (Small).JPG DSCF0094 (Small).JPG

This one is the working unit that had a pair of manual lifts to raise and lower the openers. It was completely disassembled, cleaned, and repainted with cold galvanize paint on the seed boxes and feed cups.

DSCF0288 (Small).JPG

I added a hydraulic cylinder to operate the openers.

DSCF0140 (Small).JPGDSCF0141 (Small).JPGDSCF0142 (Small).JPGDSCF0143 (Small).JPG

Used the drill to plant Kanota oats.

DSCF0159 (Small).JPGDSCF0160 (Small).JPGDSCF0091 (Small).JPGDSCF0168 (Small).JPG

A fun project--took about 2 months. Total cost: about $600.

/ Lets see them antique tractors #32  
This seems sort of a relevant thread to what I'd like to ask, so here goes...

I've an old sickle-bar mower for a Farmall (I think an M). I converted to 3 PH (left the wheel on) but all one would have to do to return it to its natural state is bolt the horizontal bar back on. Have all parts (save the bolts that attach the horizontal bar (but those are standard parts) and it works (but just not very well with my Kubota B2630). I've also got the hydraulic ram that lifts it up and down, a spare pittman arm and some points. I've also got two PTO shaft parts - one that came with it and the other that I got to use with my tractor.

One could either use it as 3PH (my 3PH design involved a chain with a loop tied to my quick hitch hook) or put it back to original state for use with a Farmall. I've mowed a few passes with it - it works but is a bit heavy for my Kubota - 7-foot sickle tends to pull me to the right, and it tends to make the front light.

How might I be put in touch with somebody who might want to buy/restore it (not that it'd need much more than prep and paint for restoration)? How much might one such as this be worth? Pictures are attached for the interested. I'm not looking to get rich on it; just want something approaching what it's worth.

I'm near Xenia, OH for the interested.

Thanks.

Dave

Attachments

• mower4parts.jpg
    mower4parts.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 244
  • mower3.jpg
    mower3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 303
  • mower2.jpg
    mower2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
  • mower1.jpg
    mower1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
   / Lets see them antique tractors #33  
post inthe classifieds section of antique tractor and implement boards. look at other adds to get an idea of price per condition.. etc.

soundguy

/ Lets see them antique tractors #34  
1948 Allis B

IMG_1044.jpg

1961 Allis D17

D17003.jpg

/ Lets see them antique tractors #35  
Loaded up to go to antique tractor show. 1920's McCormick-Deering: (2) 10-20 & a 15-30. Chuck Heck, Aurora, IN

Attachments

• 10-20 10-20 15-30  086.jpg
    10-20 10-20 15-30 086.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 605
   / Lets see them antique tractors #36  
Here's my Allis-Chalmers D10. My first tractor was an AC D17 and I always had ACs before switching to Kubota. I don't use the D10 much but I like having it around.

Attachments

• D10.jpg
    D10.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 14,061
   / Lets see them antique tractors #37  
Loaded up to go to antique tractor show. 1920's McCormick-Deering: (2) 10-20 & a 15-30. Chuck Heck, Aurora, IN

Nice tractors:thumbsup:. Nice rig:thumbsup:. What are you pulling that gooseneck with?

/ Lets see them antique tractors #38  
very nice d17!!

/ Lets see them antique tractors #39  
A few of the older ones

/ Lets see them antique tractors #40  
Nice tractors:thumbsup:. Nice rig:thumbsup:. What are you pulling that gooseneck with?

Flusher, I tow with a 2001 F-350 Powerstroke Crew Cab Dually. I just sold the Load Max 33+5 trailer we bought new in 2004 to a friend of mine. We were ready to downsize a little, and know more what our needs are now. Just got this 25+5 Coyote. We have pre-1939 IH tractors & equipment, and do threshing, stationary hay press, and other demos at local shows.

Attachments

• 2012 trailer pic.jpg
    2012 trailer pic.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 419