Lets see them antique tractors

/ Lets see them antique tractors #41  
These are my two old tractors ,a 1941 Mccormick Deering Farmall A (recently restored by my father and I ) and a 1947 Mccormick Deering W4.Both tractors are hand crank and Distillate models and sold new here in New Zealand.The W4 has only had one owner and is still in original condition.The mower behind the Farmall A belongs to a friend and is a Mccormick Deering Big 6 horse drawn mower with a converted drawbar so we can show it at local vintage tractor shows.The mower is over 100 years old approx 1912

Attachments

• 028 (Small).JPG
    028 (Small).JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 359
  • 009 (Small).JPG
    009 (Small).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1513 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1513 (Small).JPG
    110 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1485 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1485 (Small).JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 170
   / Lets see them antique tractors
Martin your tractors look great. The W4 looks nice in its work clothes.

/ Lets see them antique tractors #43  
Thanks Mike.The W4 is as i found it except for the front tires ,had tubes through the side wall. Still has original rear tires though.The Farmall A was is rougher condition when I got it so we had to restore it.

/ Lets see them antique tractors #44  
Here's some vintage equipment down road from me.

Boone

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 121
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 109
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 480
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    997.2 KB · Views: 186
   / Lets see them antique tractors
Here is my John Deere Model R Series 1 manure spreader that I picked up the other day. It is going to get restored. The wood on it is original.

/ Lets see them antique tractors #46  
Nice find there Mike ,looks as though it was well hidden .

/ Lets see them antique tractors #47  
Cool looking tractors!!

I'd like to get an old tractor someday, I just don't know much about them so don't know what to look for. My grandfather used to have an old John Deere with the skinny front end and offset seat to the left. I remember playing on it when I was little, then my dad went and sold it for him, I still give him grief over that, it would have been so neat to restore my grandfather's first and only tractor.

/ Lets see them antique tractors #48  
Piston ,I bought my Farmall A after a trip to the US to visit the Red Power Round Up in 2010 and decided I needed to restore a tractor,my grandfather had D model Case tractors that sadly were sold years ago,but a friend's parents used to own a IH dealership here in NZ .I wanted the Farmall A due to the offset driving position making the a bit different,and bought if from my friends uncle who had the southern most dealership in NZ .The W4 was just to good to leave behind at a local auction.I recommend collecting vintage machines as a hobbie,although it is not cheap but I hate seeing old machines like these going to scrap.It is amazing how many people have their own stories to tell of the older machines and to me that is what makes it so enjoyable,so I hope you find an old tractor that you can have as much fun with as I do with mine.

/ Lets see them antique tractors #49  
Good Afternoon,

I figured this was a good place to introduce myself. I am the happy new owner of a Ferguson TO30 and while this is a new tractor to me...I am not a stranger to old tractors. I rebuilt my dad's 9n with him when I was a kid. Have a Cub Lowboy, have always had old Land Rovers (many call them tractors) and am an all around gear head. I have already learned a ton from the people on this board and am eager to learn some more. Hopefully someday I will be able to contribute as well.

This Ferguson was on my Uncles Family farm in NY for a number of years. His parents purchased two of them brand new in 1954 and they lived on the farm until the late 90s. When they sold the farm he took the tractor, moved it to Vermont and gave it to my dad with one condition "it can never be sold." My wife and I just purchased a gentleman's farm and it was given to me. I have a 5 foot brush hog with it and the tractor also came with an original belly mounted sickle bar mower that needs some welding done. I have removed it to get to work on fixing it.

As far as the brushog goes, it was only hooked up for the first time last week. I have some work to do with the top link adjusting and limiting chains for dropping the hydrolics onto. It is a pain to constantly feather the height while mowing and the good people on this board gave some great ideas for limiting chain design. Other than that, runs well, needs a fanbelt, and a coat of paint (someday).Ferguson4.JPGFerguson11.JPGIMG_1665.jpgIMG_1666.jpg

/ Lets see them antique tractors #50  
Antique Tractor. Old but dependable.

in_russia_women_pull_plow.jpg