Allis Chalmers B

/ Allis Chalmers B #1  

Anonymous Poster

Anything that anyone can tell me about it? Havent seen it yet, but they are asking $2600 with a 60 inch mower deck.

Thanks,
Ken H.

/ Allis Chalmers B #3  
I'm no expert on these, but from the prices I've seen for an old "B", that sounds a tad on the high side. It should be restored for that kind of $, in my opinion. You should be able to get a nice Allis CA with wide front for that kind of money, and it would have an independently operated PTO via a hand clutch, which the B doesn't have. I would try to get the price down. As for the blade, the B doesn't really have a separate frame, and the mounting hardware may have to be specially fabricated. I could be wrong about that though.

Bill in CO

/ Allis Chalmers B
I looked at it and it was too much. I passed on it.

Thanks
Ken H.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm no expert on these, but from the prices I've seen for an old "B", that sounds a tad on the high side. It should be restored for that kind of $, in my opinion. You should be able to get a nice Allis CA with wide front for that kind of money, and it would have an independently operated PTO via a hand clutch, which the B doesn't have. I would try to get the price down. As for the blade, the B doesn't really have a separate frame, and the mounting hardware may have to be specially fabricated. I could be wrong about that though.

Bill in CO )</font>