My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #1  

Dirt Poor

Tractor
Kubota L4150 DT
Started this project in 2010 , here are a few photos. Actualy started gathering parts in '05, when I bought the frame, trans, rear axle and the front spoked wheels out a salvage yard for $75 A little later I found the rear spokes from a F20, The tin came along later, along with other bits and peices.

PICT0002-20.jpg
A long stretch of cleaning , sandblastng and priming, now for seals and bearings and reassembly.
PICT0003.jpg

Here it is earlier this year, still not done! 3rd year winter project. Still needs alot of parts and time. I'd sure like to ride in the Mackinaw Bridge crossing tractor ride next fall.I need to get off the 'puter and get busy.......

PICT0005-7.jpg

Originaly I was doing a simple restoration, but along the way, things got out of hand. The WD45 engine I had intended to use had too many problems, soooo, I decided to complicate things and swapped in an Allis 262 cu.in. 6 from a gleaner combine, the same engine was used in the D19 gas..

I also re-rimmed some F&H round spoked wheels , 4"x16" fronts, and 12"X28" rears and made good use of some 16.9X28's off my pulling tractor.

PICT0004-13.jpg

Modified the rad for the 6, fabbed a shroud,

PICT0007-2.jpg

The next phase will be foot operated brakes, and building a fender to fender bench seat. . The fuel tank, steering wheel, clutch pedal have been moved forward 8.5 inches. Now instead of climbing on over the rear, the left side will have steps up to the deck. The gearshift lever and steering have been moved for better entry and easier operation.

PICT0001-19.jpg

I'll add more photos later. Thanks for looking. Gary

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #2  
It looks like you are doing a really nice job there. Is that epoxy primer? Do you plan to pull the tractor? Is that why you went for a different engine?

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #3  
Looks good. Sounds like it is a Allis Wc frame and axle with whatever other parts will fit on it.

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter
Yes, its sherwin-williams epoxy on the frame and driveline, acrylic-urathane over chromate etch primer on the fuel tank, same system will be used on the rest of the tin work. I swapped in the 262 'cuz it hadn't been so far as I know. in an unstyled WC. Lots of WD's and WD45's with 230 6 cyls. in them because WD45 diesel parts make it a bolt in. WC's are much differant tractor. And nothing is a bolt in. Yes, I'll probably pull it...'til they tell me take it home and don't come back... LOL.
My D17 puller is for sale in the classifieds, check it out.

PICT0003-18.jpg
Took this today so if you know stock you can see the changes. BTW, the frame was not lengthend for this swap.

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #5  
I wont claim to know anything about allis chalmers. We have a b10 garden tractor we use for tilling and a C that collects dust in the back of our shed. I just thought the paint looked nice. Most guys that do tractors use that crap from TSC.

If you like the sherwin williams epoxy, you would love southern polyurethanes epoxy. It is made in georgia and is the best epoxy I have ever used. Its really tough, but sands great (after its fully cured)!

Home

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #6  
Excellent job :thumbsup:. Looks like a lot of fun.

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #7  
quite awesome!

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter
I have made a little progress since my last post. The steering shaft angle is set, a second u-joint was installed for smooth action. Installed new wheel bearings and put the front spokes on. I installed my newly relined brake shoes, and mocked up the deck and started to look at what I want to do for the foot brake conversion, and decided I am going to move the clutch pedal next to the steering support and pivot from the same shaft that I am using for the brake shaft. My size 11 work boots didn't have much room in 2nd gear to use the clutch. Plenty of room tho in reverse for a big boot , so, back to the drawing board.

PICT0001-21.jpg

PICT0002-19.jpg

PICT0003-19.jpg

It's about 38" to the deck or platform , so I will need at least two steps, possibly 3 , for easy entry... now to do it and make it look as if Allis Chalmers had done a WC this way.

Before that I will build my wheelie bars and rear weight bracket . I find wheelie bars a great addition because you can slide a floor jack under one and easily lift that side for brake adjustment or wheel removal/installation and not have the tractor tipping from side to side as when picked up in the middle. More to follow. Gary

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #9  
Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

/ My Allis WC winter project , 3rd winter #10  
awe man.. that's lookin sweet!