New Member - David Bradley tractor

/ New Member - David Bradley tractor #1  

swindek

Tractor
David Bradley Super 5 HP Special
Hi all. New to the community. I live in central PA, grew up on a farm. I am a pediatrician by trade, but a farmer at heart. Last year I bought a 1957-58 David Bradley 5HP Special tractor from an elderly gent who had bought it new from Sears. It is in very good running condition, has a reverser, and several implements (harrow, potato plow, cultivator, snow plow, chisel plow, wheel weights. He also had new old-inventory clutch plate, drive chain, carbeurator, and all the original manuals. It is all-original except tires. I paid $300 for the tractor with all the attachments; a good deal I think. Needed cleaned up a bit and reverser needed shimmed out some. I repainted and restored it. Also have a '79 IH Scout that I like to play around with.

/ New Member - David Bradley tractor #5  
As a pre-teen in the early 50's my father bought a David Bradley and I used the heck out of it, necessitating the rebuild of the B&S engine which taught me a lot. Today I view it as the post war version of the share cropper's mule, basic but it got the job done.

/ New Member - David Bradley tractor #7  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the General Vintage Tractors Forum.