Husker / Shreadder and Corn Binder?

/ Husker / Shreadder and Corn Binder? #1  

strum456

Platinum Member
Tractor
Fords
We have a 6 roll Husker / Shreadder and a single row Corn Binder. I believe they are both made by New Idea. We haven't used either one for a very long time, but they have been kept inside and are complete.

These machines are really getting in our way, and we are considering selling them rather than parking them outside to rust away. I would love to find someone who could put them to use again - maybe Amish or someone who does antique equipment demonstrations. Any thoughts?

/ Husker / Shreadder and Corn Binder? #2  
I'd guess either would be interested, if they know you have it for sale. Maybe check for community auctions in the Amish areas, or post on Craigslist, it's free...

I had a couple Amish fellows stop by an wanted to buy a Case ensilage chopper/silo filler I had pulled out of the barn, for a short time. They spotted it from the road. I did not use it any more, and was going to take it to a local auction.

I told them I'd take $50.00 for it, and he had the cash out in a flash... Sound cheap..?? I gave $35.00 for it back in the mid 80's, and used it off and on for 25 years or so, so we were both happy, and it was out of my way.

/ Husker / Shreadder and Corn Binder?
I'd guess either would be interested, if they know you have it for sale. Maybe check for community auctions in the Amish areas, or post on Craigslist, it's free...

I had a couple Amish fellows stop by an wanted to buy a Case ensilage chopper/silo filler I had pulled out of the barn, for a short time. They spotted it from the road. I did not use it any more, and was going to take it to a local auction.

I told them I'd take $50.00 for it, and he had the cash out in a flash... Sound cheap..?? I gave $35.00 for it back in the mid 80's, and used it off and on for 25 years or so, so we were both happy, and it was out of my way.

I use craigslist for a lot of stuff and it is worth a try. I am not sure how many amish guys or antique.equipment demonstrators use it though. I would have to haul this equipment some distance to be in an amish area.

/ Husker / Shreadder and Corn Binder? #4  
Post it locally, or in cities near the Amish. Many have "English" friends that are on the lookout for such items. Around here, hauling for them, by their English friends can be paid cash, or bartered. Especially if they have farrier skills.

Binders and shredders are still used in my area, and NE of here. If they are in decent condition, I'm sure someone will be interested.

/ Husker / Shreadder and Corn Binder? #5  
is your binder still for sale? call 606 303 0439 thanks!