CASE 730, who wants to see it

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #1  

deereman75

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 2120, Warner & Swasey 6000# offroad forklift, Case W9B loader, various non-running decorations
Well in a few weeks I will be starting on a cosmetic restoration of my uncles old case 730. He just bought it from a retired mechanic, and it is in perfect mechanical condition, I am just dealing with the looks. Anyways, this will be my first tractor restoration, and my biggest ever restoration (the cab wont help), and just to make it even harder, I only have less then a month to do it. Ok time to get to the point, are any of you interested in following along with this fast paced restoration? Wont have to wait long to see progress. I was going to take some pictures anyways, but if people want to follow it, I will take lots more pictures throughout the projet, and upload daily. Just thought I would ask in advanced, partly so I can plan ahead a bit, and partly because I hope I might get a few pointers of things to do before power washing and removing sheet metal.

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #2  
I would be very interested and appreciate the pictures.

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #3  
I will certainly follow. Spent a lot of time as a kid on our 430 Case diesel. Sold our 430 in 1993 when dad passed. Any 30 series Case interests me and brings back good ole memories.

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #4  
Of course we would like to see pictures and follow your restoration. It might not be your Deere 830 but it is a tractor. There is a Case 1030 Comfort King with Cab for sale near me.
What transmission does your machine have in it the Dual Range or the Case-O-Matic?

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it
He he the 830 isnt mine, it is just my favourite tractor. Sure wish it was mine... I am not sure on the tranny, I havnt seen it in person yet, it is out at my uncles ranch in alberta. I am doing the restoration for him.

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #6  
Count me in!

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #7  
He he the 830 isnt mine, it is just my favourite tractor. Sure wish it was mine...

A local farmer has one that for only about $13 000 you can take it off his hands. He only pulls a 3 bottom plow with it. That won't even make it grunt.

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #8  
same here. we love pics..

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it
ok I will be out at the ranch in 6 days, and will have the before pictures up within a week. I still havnt even seen pictures of it, but I have been told apart from a rusty cab, it is in good shape. As for that 830, it better be in perfect shape, as I wouldnt pay half that for one in normal used condition.

/ CASE 730, who wants to see it #10  
ok I will be out at the ranch in 6 days, and will have the before pictures up within a week. I still haven't even seen pictures of it, but I have been told apart from a rusty cab, it is in good shape. As for that 830, it better be in perfect shape, as I wouldn't pay half that for one in normal used condition.

I don't think I would pay that for it either. I told him to take a zero off his price and I would buy it. Can't wait to see the Case 730.