Case 730 restoration

/ Case 730 restoration #1  

deereman75

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 2120, Warner & Swasey 6000# offroad forklift, Case W9B loader, various non-running decorations
Well here it is, I have finally got the before pictures. Stay tuned for updates.
IMG_00000013.jpgIMG_00000014.jpgIMG_00000015.jpgIMG_00000016.jpg

/ Case 730 restoration #2  
Looks great. I was waiting for the pics on the other thread. Have fun. It looks to be all there and in operational condition.

/ Case 730 restoration
Ran into a bit of an issue yesterday. The only grinder I could find had the plug melted off. Today I will go into town, get a new grinder and see how well those rapid strip discs work

/ Case 730 restoration #5  
Pretty cool to see a Wheatland/Standard tread model, let alone a factory cab. All around this area that I've seen were row crop versions.

Keep us posted..!!

/ Case 730 restoration
Up here in Alberta, narrow front tractors are as rare as hens teeth. I think the cab will be very nice, even more so if it had a heater.

/ Case 730 restoration #7  
Any updates? How well did them rapid strip discs work?

/ Case 730 restoration
Well there hasn't been much visual progress. All that is different is a little less rust, a lot less grease, and the cab fan smashed up on the ground. (figured that since the fan was rusted solid and missing parts it could go) as for the rapid strip discs, the knockoff of the Norton I got (think it was called Avanti pro or something like that) is only good at removing paint, not so much at rust, also it lasts for about 5 minutes, and costs like 2x what a wire wheel does. After I half wore it out on one small panel, I tossed it in the back of the barn, and grabbed a wire wheel.

/ Case 730 restoration #9  
Good to hear your making progress. I like using an orbital sander on body panels and a sandblaster and wire wheel on casting.

/ Case 730 restoration #10  
I have had the best results with a 4" twisted wire cup brush... Depending on the surface, a straight wire cup brush works well to get into crevises.

For small items, I have experimented with electrolosis rust removal. Works great, and easy final clean up with a cup brush.