Anyone Else Collect Old Engines

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #1  

MIKE R

Elite Member
Tractor
Many
Thought I would start a thread to see if anyone else here has any old flywheel engines that they collect.

Here is my 1914 Empire Cream Separator Co. of Canada 1.5 hp hit and miss engine. From the registry it looks like this is 1 of 30 know Canadian made Empire engines.

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #2  
Very nice! I have a 1 1/2 HP McCormick Deering Engine. I like my antiques!

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines
PapaPerk said:
Very nice! I have a 1 1/2 HP McCormick Deering Engine. I like my antiques!

No photos. Is yours hit and miss or throttel governed?

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #4  
If there were any around here to collect I would, but alas, I just have to build models of them. This is a hit and miss version:

Upshur-2-1.jpg

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #5  
troutsqueezer said:
If there were any around here to collect I would, but alas, I just have to build models of them. This is a hit and miss version:

Excellent craftsmanship! I am impressed!!

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #7  
one of these days i'm gonna get one. for now the only old engines i have are in old tractors.. :)

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #8  
MIKE R said:
No photos. Is yours hit and miss or throttel governed?

Throttle... 1928 model

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines
one of these days i'm gonna get one. for now the only old engines i have are in old tractors.. :)

Take a ride down to the the Florida Fly-wheelers antique farm show. I am sure you could find one for sale down there.

/ Anyone Else Collect Old Engines #10  
Hiya

Nice red engine Mike R, and 1914 is really old, nice. I don't collect such engines but I have a 1963 Lister CS 6-1 engine on my farm. I bought a book to identify it and joined the Lister Engine Forum to learn more about it.
There is a pic here at my post: Lister CS 6-1 (1963) on Lister Engine Forum

cya
Mike