Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77 #1  

ggarvey

Tractor
Oliver S 77
Hey Guys, I'm connecting an old Mc Cormick front end loader to my Oliver Super 77
and using 1/2" lines all around. After raising the bucket a few times to remove the
air bubbles, hydraulic oil shoots out of the filler neck. Any suggestions?
Thanks George

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77 #2  
did you top it off with some large SA rams full, then let it exhaust? IE.. overfilling the sump?

remember.. DA cyls are ALMOST sump neutral.. just rod volume is the difference. SA cyls on the other hand go from zero to full, and exhaust the same way. a large SA cyl can dump 2g of fluid back into a sump when compressed..

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77 #3  
adding onto soundguy post....

SA = single acting cylinders, just a single hydraulic hose connects to cylinder, (opposite end the rod comes out of on the cylinder)
DA = double acting cylinders, 2 hydraulic hoses connect to cylinder, one near, were rod comes out, and other on opposite end that rod comes out.

do you have SA or DA cylinders?

================
did the tractor already have hyd pump, and hyd tank to operate FEL?
or did you add them onto tractor when you put FEL on?

above 2 questions just wondering if you might have mis-matched size of hyd tank you need.

================
how many cylinders do you have all together on FEL arms?
how many cylinders do you have all together on bucket?
how many levers do you have to operate the FEL and bucket?

above more along lines of type of FEL you have and how it operates.

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77
Hey Guys,
Thanks for your quick reply. I've been so busy and didn't have time to turn on the computer.
I believe that I added too much hydraulic oil to the system the first time around. I have 2 double acting cylinders on the loader. The bucket has a trip lever and no cylinder. This Oliver super 77 has a factory equiped hydraulic system with 2 levers. One on the left and one on the right side. The right side
operates the 3 point hitch and has a 4X8 cylinder which will lift anything with my boom attached.

Before connecting the bucket to the loader. I raised it up and down a few times. It was slow, but it
went up and down. Then, I connected the 4ft. bucket and now it can only be raised about 3ft. and
won't go up any higher. Yes, the bucket is empty. Possibly I will need a larger hydraulic pump mounted externally. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks George

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your quick reply. I've been so busy and didn't have time to turn on the computer.
I believe that I added too much hydraulic oil to the system the first time around. I have 2 double acting cylinders on the loader. The bucket has a trip lever and no cylinder. This Oliver super 77 has a factory equiped hydraulic system with 2 levers. One on the left and one on the right side. The right side
operates the 3 point hitch and has a 4X8 cylinder which will lift anything with my boom attached.

Before connecting the bucket to the loader. I raised it up and down a few times. It was slow, but it
went up and down. Then, I connected the 4ft. bucket and now it can only be raised about 3ft. and
won't go up any higher. Yes, the bucket is empty. Possibly I will need a larger hydraulic pump mounted externally. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks George

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77 #6  
i doubt you need a different pump.

ford N's get by with a 2.85gpm 1500-1700 psi pump... and can run a loader off that...

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77 #7  
are cylinders hooked up in parrallel or in series?

valve -> hose -> cylinder -> hose -> cylinder -> valve (very doubtful but figure ask any how)

or.....

valve -> hose -> tee -> cylinder -> tee -> valve
....................... tee -> cylinder -> tee

===============
take bucket off, so you can full extend and contract the cylinders on the FEL. if you are not fully extending / contracting, it can take more times to work out any air in the cylinders. and you may have to operate FEL a dozen times, then shut machine down, wait half day to day, then operate FEL again by fully extending / contracting FEL cylinders. and then repeat.

any air in the cylinders and hoses, will mix with hyd oil. and most likely turn the hyd oil a slightly different color perhaps milky look to the hyd oil. and waiting a day/half day, lets any air in the oil, in the tank. to float up and out. the repeating and usage of FEL. helps remove more air in the cylinders and hoses. and it just takes repeating and usage of FEL to work out the air.

============
at this point working out the air is a big thing and needs to be covered first and should get FEL working like it should once air is worked out, over time / usage, but...double checking couple other things....

with this just being put on, also double check any sort of screen or filter for the hyd oil. most likely there is some sort of screen and/or filter between tank and hose that runs to hyd pumps inlet. the screen may be in the bottom of hyd tank. while filter some place between tank and pump.

if you have quick connects from on FEL to the valve. remove quick disconnects and re-seat them. some times they do not get seated all the way correctly. and barely lets any hyd oil through the connection.

Hey Soundguy,
How about the 2 ports which have a locking nut and large screw for each line. These screws seem
to be out about 3/4". Don't they regulate the flow of oil going up and down? How should they be
adjusted? George

/ Hydraulic diagram for connecting a front end loader to an OLiver super 77 #9  
i'd have to see a pic and diagram of the area you refer to.