Farmall

/ Farmall #11  
Super A's were built between 1948 and 1954ish...tires and rims (on this side) look great...most likely converted to 12 volt which is good...check the gas tank for rust (when I see an inline filter, I automatically think rust in the tank)...what's in the back end of the tractor..ie. does it have a Fast Hitch? BobG in VA

/ Farmall #12  
This is my first post and first tractor. It is a potential purchase from a recently deceased family friend, but nobody knows what model or year tractor it is. Numbers I found under the seat include 321053 and under it 1540. The radiator had a tag that read 58124-DB-115. It is 4 cylinder / gas motor. It is in great shape, restoration worthy and one I want to use, motor runs great.

Where did you get the above numbers from? Is this a different tractor?[/I]
Looks to be a good straight Super A.Should be easy to restore if you are wanting to do that.
On the transmission housing there will be raised numbers and a letter in Day,month ,year format.,2.6.W for example
These can be used to work out the date of casting.These codes can also be found on the engine block

Original IH casting Date codes for 1948 - 1954: 1948 - R . 1949 - S . 1950 - T . 1951 - W . 1952 - X . 1953 - Y and 1954 - Z

Last edited:
   / Farmall #13  
Would I love to have that to add to my collection..!! Although if memory serves me correctly Fast Hitch did not come on the Super A's from the factory, but rather starting with the 100's, referring to BobG's question. Although I do believe some did have it added, either buying the Fast Hitch set up, or finding one in a salvage yard, and adding.

None the less, this little Super A would be a sweet little tractor to have. I have 2, A's.. One running, one not...

/ Farmall
Kiwi Farmall,

The numbers in my initial post were the only readable ones on a plate under the seat (without removing the plate).

/ Farmall
The rear end was modified to use a disc that was not designed for the tractor. See picture. The correct disc is available as well as plows. Rear End.jpg

/ Farmall #16  
I have learned it is a Super A but not what year it is. The plate under the seat is unreadable. Numbers I found on the engine and transmission include 351687-R4, 92511, 10181 and 354898R.

Sorry but I am a little confused ,in one post you say you can read the plate under the seat with numbers 321053 and 1540 under the 321053 number and then in a later post you say the plate is unreadable.
So have you bought this tractor?

/ Farmall #17  
im restoring my super a right now, you can check out my pictures on my thread if you would like there a very nice tractor my friend, id deferentially get it