Farmall

/ Farmall #1  

GSE970

Tractor
Farmall
This is my first post and first tractor. It is a potential purchase from a recently deceased family friend, but nobody knows what model or year tractor it is. Numbers I found under the seat include 321053 and under it 1540. The radiator had a tag that read 58124-DB-115. It is 4 cylinder / gas motor. It is in great shape, restoration worthy and one I want to use, motor runs great.

/ Farmall #2  
You didn't give enough of any numbers to trace it unless someone knows how to read radiator tags.

/ Farmall #3  
This is my first post and first tractor. It is a potential purchase from a recently deceased family friend, but nobody knows what model or year tractor it is. Numbers I found under the seat include 321053 and under it 1540. The radiator had a tag that read 58124-DB-115. It is 4 cylinder / gas motor. It is in great shape, restoration worthy and one I want to use, motor runs great.

Not enough info even to make a guess. Post a few photos and we'll figure it out quick as a bunny:).

/ Farmall #4  
Welcome to the forum. Any other numbers on the tractor in the form of an ID tag. Check the seat support bracket or transmission housing on left of engine. Get me all the info off of them there tag and I can give you the year and some other info about it.

/ Farmall #5  

I will take a guess and say a 1951 Farmall Super A or 1949 Farmall C if the id plate is under the seat on the seat mounting.Most farmalls have serial tag on the clutch housing but Farmall A ,B,C were on the seat mount.The 1540 is the maximum rated RPM of the engine .The chassis prefix will be FAA and the engine prefix will be FAAM ,which should be at the front of the engine block above the distributor for the Super A.The engine will be offset to the left with a wide front axle.Pictured is my 1941 Farmall A (with mower)which was replaced by the Super A,and i have included some pics of the serial plate and location of engine number. Does the tractor you are looking at look anything like this? The Farmall C will have the steering shaft go down the left side of the tractor and the engine will be centered.The Farmall C can be wide front or narrow front .Chassis prefix will be FC and engine prefix will be FCM.I have included a pic of a Farmall Super C also.
I hope this is of some help.

Martin

Attachments

• 009 (Small).JPG
    009 (Small).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 760
Last edited:
   / Farmall #6  
I did a Google search of the radiator tag part number, and came up with this: Applications: Case/IH Tractors A (SN 501->), AV (SN 501->), B (SN 501->), BN (SN 501->), Super A, Super AV, Super AV1, Super A1

So at least it narrows it down some. All are nice tractors, with the BN being the most rare. A Super A with hydraulics would really be sweet..!!

/ Farmall
I am going to look at it again this afternoon. I will pull any numbers I can from motor and post pictures. Thank you for your quick replys.

/ Farmall #8  
forget the motor!!!

as you have been told.. look on a seat bracket or top of tranny / op platform.

/ Farmall
I have learned it is a Super A but not what year it is. The plate under the seat is unreadable. Numbers I found on the engine and transmission include 351687-R4, 92511, 10181 and 354898R. Farmall.jpg I attempted to attach a picture, hope it works.

/ Farmall #10  
pretty straight looking machine you got there!