8N front tires

/ 8N front tires #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
What size tires go on the front of an 8N? I know they are 16" rims, but what widths do they take? Thanks.

/ 8N front tires #2  
Owner's manual spec's a 4-19. The 16" is a generic farm equipment retrofit. I used a standard 6.00-16 three rib when I replaced mine.

/ 8N front tires #3  
I replaced the tires on my 8N with the same 6.00 X 16 ribed tires. For a while I had an old pair of
6.00 X 16 automotive snow tires on the front, the tractor turns better with the ribed tires. I was
able to purchase the ribed tires at one of the local tire dealerships.

Randy

/ 8N front tires #4  
The other guys are correct. The 8n came with 4x19's.. But many changed out to 16" impliment rims. If you installed a loader, 16" rims were ale advised too.

The jubliee / NAA came with those 16" rims as well.

I think you can get as low as a 4.5, and up to a 6.5 on the 16" rims. 3 rib is good, though i think you can still get single rib if you do row cultivation work, etc.

Tractor supply stores carry the tires to fit those 16" and 19" rims.

soundguy

/ 8N front tires
I found some at the tire place I deal with at work. I think he said the most pop size is 6.00/6.15x16. He could also get 5.50x16, but they cost more. They are 3 rib, it has old truck tires on it now, and they look like they will pack up pretty quick. Now I guess I just have to get it home. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 8N front tires #6  
Those wider truck tires also make it harder to steer, and are harder on the steering... not to mention don't have the 'bite' that a rib style tire does. ( Might be ok for a loader, etc.. to help spread the weight out.)

Soundguy