Oliver 770 industrial tractor

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor
Thanks Steve! While you were answering my question, I was watching all 10 videos that I manage to find and much more. :cool2: Should keep me busy till spring. :cool: Question, in hindsight, would you still go with the chain guard or a belt guard on the bush hog. Thanks! Henri

My chain guard experiment was a failure. The chains were a tiny bit too long near the center, and when they would get swept back by the grass/brush the blades would smack them, and knock some off. Also, the occasional cut off sappling would get snagged in a chain link. I think the chain used by manufacturers has twisted links to avoid this problem. After I built my guard, some one had mentioned used PTO belting as a good material to make a guard out of. sounds good to me, but not sure where/when I'll come across some. Those wide PTO belts used for stationary tractor work are far and few between in my neck of the woods. I was also thinking I could buy a heavy rubber mat from TSC, or the like, and cut strip from it, then sandwich it between the angle iron, and front edge of the cutter. No rush though, the ROPS on my tractor has a heavy guage screen welded to it to protect me, being that it was a former municipal mower. hope this helps. When you fininsh your mower, put up some video, and make a video response to my mower video if you'd like.

Steve.

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #22  
Thanks, will do!

Henri.

Well it's been quite some time since I updated this thread, so here it goes.

At this time, I now have 130 videos on youtube of me messing with this old tractor. Some are informative, and some are just fun to watch as I work out problems. Here is a link to video #130:

Oliver 770 Industrial Tractor Project Part 130 - YouTube

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #25  
I have one of those B-H 305's. Does a great job of mowing hay with that side plate removed. It is my backup, if the haybine happens to go down.

Well, I'm back at it! Here is Part 137, where I use my arc welder to try and fix a power steering leak, only to blow even bigger holes in the steering column:

The Oliver developed a new problem. I change the oil in this video to see if my runaway issue is being caused by fuel in the crankcase.

I find the cause of my runaway rpm issue:

Part 139: