Oliver 770 industrial tractor

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #41  
Just started the one with the international industrial tractor. One video in and I'm jealous. Looks like a nice machine.

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor
Finally finished the series. Good work so far. What are your plans with it long term?

Hi Paul,
upcoming videos will show the work I finished on the power steering leak, and installing the repaired shuttle shift linkage.

I'd like to try and fix, or at least improve the brake situation. Long term I might do a rebuild, maybe an in frame kit. I also picked up a set of used injectors so I can try rebuilding them, then swap them out with the ones in there now, and see if it makes much difference.

I'd like to make a home made "pop tester" to bench test injectors??might be fun.

As for the IH 350, I need to repair the steering column, and get the steering gear put back together. I just recently tried to remove the box from the tractor, but was unable (some one welded it to the tractor).

Thanks a lot for watching the videos, I'll keep them coming.

Steve.

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #44  
Great videos, lots of good information. Any idea what this machine weighs? I managed find your videos because I'm looking at one and you're hte only information on the tractor on all the web I can find.

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor
Great videos, lots of good information. Any idea what this machine weighs?

Hello. According to tractordata.com, the Oliver 770 tractor weighs in at a hefty 6000 pounds, but my tractor would be heavier due to the steel frame for the backhoe/loader set up, the hydraulic reservoir, and of course the backhoe and loader themselves. It's a beast?but I guess all things are relative.

Regards,
Steve W.

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #46  
Thanks for the reply. Seeing you hadn't been here in a while left me worried you had moved on.I'm still cruising through your videos.

The one I'm considering is almost the same as yours but gas, an industrial 770, different form the AG in being built heavier with a more substantial front axel, with loader/backhoe. I have an F350 with 10k trailer, but that seems like I'd be right on the brink, having seen the 6k figure. A case 580 of the same era weighs in at 9600lbs.

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #47  
Steve, hopefully you see this. I bought my tractor, which turned out to be a 77 industrial(i think) with super 88 gas motor. Engine identified by the stamp on the side, but no plate on the frame with a serial number that I've been able to identify. I'm intently watching your videos as your hydraulic system is almost identical to mine. I have a different loader, but I believe the same hoe. My fluid is really milky, my rear spools are leaking pretty good.

iRNurfg.png

/ Oliver 770 industrial tractor #48  
Just saw this! Going to have to get into these videos to learn some more about my Oliver 770 diesel 😀