My International Harvester

/ My International Harvester #1  

yuke

Just brought her home last night. She's no beauty queen but at least she can cook. It's an IH, 1966 424 gas with power steering and 36 HP. Feels like a hot rod compared to my 9N. I just may put some money into this one and make it nice. It's actually the perfect size tractor for my needs. Oh yeah, I gave $1800 for it.

IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0435.jpg

/ My International Harvester #2  
Didn't I see this on CL in VA???? Hope it works out for you... BobG in VA

/ My International Harvester #3  
Drove one just like it one summer cutting grass in the parks around town, good tractor, don't miss the job

/ My International Harvester #4  
I had a IH 424 just like that without power steering. I was amazed at how strong the 3PH was on that old machine. Watch the brakes on it. If they work keep it of the weather or they wont for long. The brakes are dry disc brakes and the mechanism has a tendency to rust up if you leave it out in the weather. Strong running machine and I would have kept mine if it had power steering and a diesel engine. Never had any trouble out of the though.

/ My International Harvester
Didn't I see this on CL in VA???? Hope it works out for you... BobG in VA

No, I bought it about 20 miles from home here in PA. Was running pretty rough today so I went to NAPA and bought a set of points and a condenser. BIG difference. Strong motor now.

/ My International Harvester #7  
yuke said:
No, I bought it about 20 miles from home here in PA. Was running pretty rough today so I went to NAPA and bought a set of points and a condenser. BIG difference. Strong motor now.

Congradulations. They are very reliable and easy to maintain tractors.

/ My International Harvester #8  
Great find.Looks good ,will tidy up nicely.ENJOY

/ My International Harvester #9  
looks good, id like to see it all painted up. im restoring one of the two 1953 farmall super A's i own check out my thread for pictures

/ My International Harvester
looks good, id like to see it all painted up. im restoring one of the two 1953 farmall super A's i own check out my thread for pictures
Thanks, I love it. Really smooth, powerful tractor. Excellent traction and an unbelievably short turning radius without brake skidding. The power steering is so light it makes my 2011 Sierra feel like manual steering. Yesterday I replaced the pinion gear in the starter. It would grind once in a while and I found that a 10 tooth had been installed when it should have been a 9 tooth. Ring gear doesn't look too awful bad. I have been looking at paint for it and have always got good results with rust-oleum brand. Does anyone know if the paint they sell at tractor supply (majik brand I believe) is any good?