need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI #1  

bubblesbacon

Tractor
1955 case vai
I need to find a rear rim for my 1955 Case VAI, these are either five bump style (newer style) or a single continuos bump (more historically correct) either one that clamps to the wheel. They are not a 4 or 6 loop style that is more common..

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI
I also need the inside parts of the hood latch for this tractor, I have the external parts, but missing the internals..

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI #3  
If you are looking for new, you may want to check this out: Wheels and rims for VAC Case & VAI Case

I saw several used one's in other hits that they were asking $140.00 ea. So $170.00 doesn't seem too bad, I guess...

Although I can't comment on their wheels..., I have bought a couple bale spears from them, and was very satisfied with my purchase's.

thanks for the reply, I knew about that site, $170 plus $30 shipping so was just trying to see if anyone one had a used one that possibly could save some dollars, but if it only about $30 difference the new one would be worth a thought.. glad to hear that they are a good company

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI #5  
are yours past repair.. i've weld repaired many a rim..

I think so, almost a third of the raised bumb is either gone or rusted very bad, when the tire and rim started to spin freely around the wheel and clamps it damaged the rim pretty bad, my brother is a welder and he says no to fixing it that way... when I got the tractor, the rims and wheels were just recently painted, not sure if to cover the rust or not but it hid it well...

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI #7  
alright.. was just a thought. I've resurected some pretty bad ones.. sometimes pro welders don't like doing the kind of labor intensive scroungy patch work that an old iron tractor resoter don't mind... many of us have more time and welding rod than spare money.. :)

good luck on the search.

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI #8  
Around here, rusty rims are worth a little to the right guy. A buddy, of a buddy of mine..., has been known to chop sections out of a rim, and re-weld it back in to one he's fixing. Sheet metal work is one of his specialties, and he is GOOD..!!

/ need a 24 x 10 rear rim for 1955 Case VAI #9  
pretty common practice here too.. IE.. sectioning a rim....