any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier

/ any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier #1  

bubblesbacon

Tractor
1955 case vai
looking for a gas cap with fluid level indicator for my Case VAI, can be for any vintage tractor really, just looking for supplier or source that wouldn't charge an arm and leg for one..:rolleyes:

/ any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier #2  
If you can't find a suitable cap made for a tractor, you might try adapting a generic indicating cap sold for riding mowers. They're sold at Lowes and other such places . You also might be able to adapt the float and level indicating gauge from an outboard motor gas tank. The assembly from the outboard tank wouldn't have to be part of the cap , but could be mounted anywhere on the top of the tank. Of course, cutting holes into gas tanks is not an easy task, due to the explosion danger involved. Even tanks that have been removed and cleaned can still have explosive mixtures lurking inside the tank. Using the modified gas cap method might actually be easier. Indicating caps are also sold for portable gasoline powered generators , although they have threads about the same size as the riding mower caps.

/ any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier #3  
Some of the Home Built aircraft forums or web sites might have details about building the kind of fuel cap you are looking for. I don't have a particular site in mind. Maybe EAA - The Spirit of Aviation - Oshkosh, WI would be a good place to start.

/ any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier #4  
Try Stiener tractor, they have many items like this

/ any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier #5  
I just bought one for my golf cart on eBay. Looks like it would be relatively easy to adapt it to any tank. You may have to change the length/depth of the drop cage and float guide and to configure the cap to your neck, but that's all doable from what I now see.

/ any one know a good source for a gas cap with fluid level indicator supplier #6  
Lots of old Gravely garden tractor gas caps out there with the float mechanism inside, have no idea if depth works for you.