hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #1  

AC orange

Tractor
Allis Chalmers B
I just got this tractor and lift won't work I am thinking add fluid

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Might try asking in the Vintage Tractor section, or one of the others, and you'll probably get some help.

Ken

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #3  
It's added to the tranny. The B's have a common sump like the old Ford N's. I believe the manual calls for 20w. If you've got 90w in there it won't work. I used utf in mine, worked fine.

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #4  
Welcome to TBN. Stick around and enjoy the conversation.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #5  
:welcome:

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #7  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the General Vintage Tractors forum.

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #8  
I \'m not sure of your tractor knowledge, but on an AC-B you have to engage the PTO and have the clutch engaged for the lift to work. That said the oil fill is on the drivers side where the rear end housing and rear axle meet

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B
I found it......thanks......

Do you know anything about the ground on this type of tractor? I have been told and have read that it is a positive ground but the one I have has a negative ground. The battery dies out pretty quick after it doesn't crank after a few turns. A friend of mine told me to get a 8 volt battery and that would help.

/ hydraulic reservoir... where is the fluid added on an AC model B #10  
Its pos. ground, 6-v --AND whatever you do,-- do NOT put 8-v in it, you will fry everything in the electrical system!!!----check gen output, then cutout/voltage regulator for proper action, then make sure the ammeter is wired properly! (if ground was reversed, you have dead regulator and will need to get new pos. ground 6-v unit and start over!)
8-v batterys have killed everything they have been installed in and should be banned from manufacture! thanks; sonny580