Hydraulic Fluid Type suggestions for Allis Chalmers B transmission and lift.........

/ Hydraulic Fluid Type suggestions for Allis Chalmers B transmission and lift......... #1  

AC orange

Tractor
Allis Chalmers B
I looked on TractorData.com and it says to use 140wt fluid over 32 degrees and 90wt. below 32 degrees. I have some to suggest UTF 20wt. What would be the best. I have 90wt in at this time and lift works but it is slow.......

/ Hydraulic Fluid Type suggestions for Allis Chalmers B transmission and lift......... #2  
i am running utf in my G which has a B tranny. :) hyds work great...

/ Hydraulic Fluid Type suggestions for Allis Chalmers B transmission and lift......... #3  
The heavier wt oil is if you do not have hydraulics. 20wt for one with.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Type suggestions for Allis Chalmers B transmission and lift.........
that makes sense..........Thanks!

/ Hydraulic Fluid Type suggestions for Allis Chalmers B transmission and lift......... #5  
have not been on the old allis chalmers CA (next model up from B if memory serves). i use a universal hyd fluid, dark yellow / gold strips on the label, in a black container. it is not the cheapest, but about average price compared to all the other brands out there.

if ya have a tractor supply, farm and fleet, farmking, or other farm store nearby. goto there 2 to 5 gallon bucket section for oil. and just read the labels, most of them, will list a brand/model number. of what the oil was designed for. (if ya have hard time reading small print, bring your glasses)

not sure were the fill up on rear end on a B is. but spent some time checking for a better funnel that did not fall out as easily compare to other generic funnels.

old tractors, tend to have leaks, so be prepared to check your fluids often, and fill as needed. this means checking oil every couple hours during use. till ya get idea how tractor will behave.