Seized motor AC wd-45

/ Seized motor AC wd-45 #11  
I agree, kroil is some good stuff. When I got my dozer the engine was stuck I remove the head and got all the water out of the cylinders and soaked them down with kroil went to work for two weeks came back and engine was free'ed up.

/ Seized motor AC wd-45 #12  
The ol' girl looks pretty clean inside, considering..!!

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
Yes considering how long it has set in a humid basement. It kind of looked like the oil residual turned to anti seize in the top end. Think the next step is drain crankcase and fill it up with diesel or something to loosen buildup. Then drain and fill with good oil. Wife's grandpa was so happy it broke free... now I think he wants me to get it running. I left it for now with cylinders full of ATF to soak till I return. I think I will start moving towards getting it running. Her grandpa is not doing great, but he also wants me to get another WD45 and a cub running. Both have set for long time.

/ Seized motor AC wd-45 #15  
A good industrial supply should carry Kroil, or you can contact them, and buy direst, or you used to be able to. But then they send you sale flyers once a week, and even call, if you give them your ph#. I still have a pint, from the first gallon I bought 25 years ago. It came in a package deal. 1 Gallon, a quart can, a small pump can, and like an 12 oz. aerosol can. A little goes along way..!!

Definitely good stuff, but since using the acetone, and ATF, I'll go with that. Works even better than the Kroil.

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
Pulled oil pan drain plug last night. I'm letting it drip dry until I return Saturday. Then I'll fill it with mix of something. Should have pulled carb to start soaking and find parts, but I didn't realize there are different carbs on these. I'll pull it Saturday and begin it's identification and repair.
Initially I started this with no intent to start it but plans changed. I'll post updates of progresses. I get very short windows to work on this wd45. 15 minutes was all I had last night. I'm busy with a 2 year old, a pregnant wife, work and a thousand other projects. So many people who have no time may find interest haha. This is my first resurrection of a long dormant tractor. Questions or comments welcome.
Attached a carb pic.

Attachments

• image-733821957.jpg
    image-733821957.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 162
   / Seized motor AC wd-45
Had a good time sunday with the WD45. Pulled carb it's a marvel TSX561. Looked good on inside and fuel tank is surprisingly spotless! I went ahead and got a kit coming for the carb and tore it down completely for a thorough cleaning anyway. I want to roll the motor more so I freed up the hand crank shaft. Hand-crank shaft only spins 180' and upon further investigation it's bent. f$$$! Pulled old battery out (split in half) I need to figure out how to engage the flatbelt pulley so maybe I can roll motor with that too. Also ordered oil filters.

The other two tractors that ran in recent history are proving to be a PITA. The farmall cub next to the wd in the previous paragraph has a fuel tank full of horrors. I'm very surprised it's not leaking. FULL of a milkshake consisting of stale gas/rust. I will take a moment to also lob my complaint of the hood and tank being one piece. That will make it hard to shake full of gravel. Went through the carb and checked it over. All systems on cub go minus tank and battery. The other wd45 got her cylinders oiled and engine hand cranked over. I'm not digging the front end loader on this one as it seems to be in the way.

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
Egon said:
Jack up a rear wheel and use that to crank the motor.:)

Nice! I could be down there rolling it over like the price is right! Instead I'm pushing it around with a flat rear like he-man. My back says thanks.

/ Seized motor AC wd-45
Took carb to work and cleaned on breaks. Picking up paint (for carb), oil filter and carb kit tonight. Pulled everything out of it and apart. Chemically cleaned, wire brushed, pipe cleaned, scotch padded, and blew out with nitrogen. Can't wait to complete and toss it on tractor so it stands out like a sore thumb :D

Attachments

• image-431153597.jpg
    image-431153597.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 117