Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

Default Re: Tractor Watching

another nice set of pics sent to me by my friend in Delaware, who has a big farmer working a small spit of land
    behind my friend's new retirement home.

This farmer has some nice equipment, tractors seem oversized for the area but I know they work many fields around there.
    Apparently there is a crew that goes around putting the local irrigators in service in the Spring, as a crew of about eight guys came in
    and put together all the arms and other neat erector set sort of appendages and then left.

I don't have an eye or the experience for this, but it still seems those nine series Deeres are awfully big for this equipment. And some could use
    some new shoes it appears.*

*actually this refers to the big red IH in the prior set of pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractor Watching-img_5555.jpg   Tractor Watching-img_5554.jpg   Tractor Watching-img_5553.jpg   Tractor Watching-img_5552.jpg  
    Last edited by daugen; 04-29-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: *

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    I don't have an eye or the experience for this, but it still seems those nine series Deeres are awfully big for this equipment. And some could use
    some new shoes it appears.*
    *actually this refers to the big red IH in the prior set of pics.
    Looks like the Case/IH is probably setup with a pusher blade to pack silage which may explain the worn tires...

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Looks like the Case/IH is probably setup with a pusher blade to pack silage which may explain the worn tires...

Aaron Z
    sorry to be so ignorant. Do you mean worn tires because of all the back and forth pushing, or worn because they want them that way for less damage
    to silage under foot? thanks (clearly I've never worked on a big farm)

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    sorry to be so ignorant. Do you mean worn tires because of all the back and forth pushing, or worn because they want them that way for less damage
    to silage under foot? thanks (clearly I've never worked on a big farm)
    If you look at roller, they are smooth as a rough surface will chew up the surface they are flattening.
    Same with silage. A new set of R1 tires will chew up the silage when turning and then it wont be as packed (which can cause spoilage).

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12