Tractor Watching

/ Tractor Watching
another nice set of pics sent to me by my friend in Delaware, who has a big farmer working a small spit of land
behind my friend's new retirement home.

This farmer has some nice equipment, tractors seem oversized for the area but I know they work many fields around there.
Apparently there is a crew that goes around putting the local irrigators in service in the Spring, as a crew of about eight guys came in
and put together all the arms and other neat erector set sort of appendages and then left.

I don't have an eye or the experience for this, but it still seems those nine series Deeres are awfully big for this equipment. And some could use
some new shoes it appears.*

*actually this refers to the big red IH in the prior set of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5555.JPG
    IMG_5555.JPG
    836.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5554.jpg
    IMG_5554.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5553.jpg
    IMG_5553.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5552.jpg
    IMG_5552.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
   / Tractor Watching #12  
I don't have an eye or the experience for this, but it still seems those nine series Deeres are awfully big for this equipment. And some could use
some new shoes it appears.*
*actually this refers to the big red IH in the prior set of pics.
Looks like the Case/IH is probably setup with a pusher blade to pack silage which may explain the worn tires...

Aaron Z

/ Tractor Watching
Looks like the Case/IH is probably setup with a pusher blade to pack silage which may explain the worn tires...

Aaron Z

sorry to be so ignorant. Do you mean worn tires because of all the back and forth pushing, or worn because they want them that way for less damage
to silage under foot? thanks (clearly I've never worked on a big farm)

/ Tractor Watching #14  
sorry to be so ignorant. Do you mean worn tires because of all the back and forth pushing, or worn because they want them that way for less damage
to silage under foot? thanks (clearly I've never worked on a big farm)
If you look at roller, they are smooth as a rough surface will chew up the surface they are flattening.
Same with silage. A new set of R1 tires will chew up the silage when turning and then it wont be as packed (which can cause spoilage).

Aaron Z