Massey Harris 50

/ Massey Harris 50 #1  

tiredironfixer

Tractor
Massey harris 50
Hi, I am having a problem with a MH 50 tractor. it is a gas engined old gal and still pretty good for its age. But I can operate the loader quite well but when I isolate out the lift on the back end of the tractor, The implement on the rear begins to drop down to the ground. I took off the small plate that has the steel pipe going down into the pump section and took it out, to find the O-ring in the base was half gone. So I refitted a replacement one and checked it twice so I did not cut it in the process of refitting it , then refitted the plate. I still have the problem. The oil is very clean and up to the level on the stick, and the loader end works well without a problem. So, any ideas as to what my problem might be. could it be a faulty relief valve, and where might that be in the gearbox. I do not know if the hydraulic lift cylinder has a piston ring on it or not, perhaps it has. This might be faulty too. When you lift up the lift lever full for the back end, the pump begins the rattling noise and subsides when you lower it again. The draft lever seems to behave as it should, but whatever position the draft lever is in, the 3 point linkage at the back lowers anyway. Any drawings, schematics, or info would be appreciated.

/ Massey Harris 50 #2  
:welcome: to TBN

/ Massey Harris 50 #4  
Welcome to TractorByNet. :tractor:

/ Massey Harris 50 #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the General Vintage Tractors forum. :)