Just bought 2n, have some questions

/ Just bought 2n, have some questions
Re: leak

This is the second time i have heard this, and I am dang intrigued. Please elaborate on the process I would need to go through - took a hard look at the PTO last nite, my arms are plenty long and I bet I could reach in there......way way way easier than the trumpet route /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for the gear oil. i am using the TSC oil 'for older Ford tractors' as was recommended on ytmag.

/ Just bought 2n, have some questions #22  

Put a good sized drain pan under the PTO shaft, or nose the tractor into a ditch. Pull the four bolts holding the PTO shaft in and pull it out. Look at the bolt on the outside to get an idea where the nut would be on the inside and reach on in. There is a cottar pin through the nut you have to pull and then you can get a socket on the nut, I forget the size. The PTO shaft is out of both of my 8Ns but I don't have the time right now to pull a cottar to put a socket on the nut to size it. The boys over at www.ytmag.com in the 9N- 2N- 8N forum could probably tell you the size off the top of their heads.

/ Just bought 2n, have some questions #23  

Here is one way to handle the trumpet alone...

Once you remove the left trumpet(sitting on the seat is left), you can repair the right seal by removing the ring and pinion gear..

Any other questions, mail me....Ken N Tx

Attachments

• 323335-Left Trumpet Removal.jpg
    323335-Left Trumpet Removal.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 111
   / Just bought 2n, have some questions #24  

Here is a picture of the nut on the right side.... ring and pinion removed..

Attachments

• 323345-Link Pin 2.jpg
    323345-Link Pin 2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 108